Issa Abu Issa
|Issa Abu Issa|
Issa Abdul Salam Abu Issa
|Native name||عيسى عبد السلام أبو عيسى|
|Born||Issa Abdul Salam Abu Issa
September 20, 1955
Issa Abdul Salam Abu-Issa (Arabic: عيسى عبد السلام أبو عيسى; born 20 September 1955) is a business magnate from Qatar. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Salam International Investment Limited. As the head of one of Qatar’s largest and best-established companies with six decades of heritage, Issa Abu-Issa led the transformation of Salam from being one of Qatar’s major family-owned businesses into a public shareholding company which operates both locally and in the Middle East Region.
Salam International Investment Limited is one of the region’s best-known entities and is a public Qatari Shareholding Company listed in the Doha Securities Market. It has been recently voted as one of Forbes Middle East’s Top 200 companies in the Middle East Region.
Soon after college, Issa Abu-Issa began overseeing his company’s diverse investments operating over 33 business units in the fields of Technology and Communications, Construction and Development, Luxury and Consumer products, Energy and Industry, and Investments and Real Estate. Salam International Investment Limited's operations extend over Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Palestine, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria.
Memberships and Associations
Apart from being the chairman of the board of directors of Salam International Investment Limited and Salam Bounian, he is also the Secretary General of the Qatari Businessmen Association, a leading non-governmental organization playing a vital role in serving Qatar’s business community and raising Qatar’s trade profile internationally.
Issa Abu-Issa is a member of the board of trustees of Al Shaqab Equestrian Academy Qatar and a Member of the board of directors at Palestine Investment Bank, Amwal Invest, Vice Chairman of Serene Real Estate in Lebanon and has most recently been appointed as co-chairman of the Turkish-Qatari Business Council.
He was recently re-elected to be on the board of directors at Salam International.
In 2009, he was interviewed by Arab Media TV host and producer Ricardo Karam.
Salam International Investment Limited (SIIL)
Under Abu Issa's leadership, SIIL has experienced much growth and development. In 2006, due to the rise of capital and expansion, the company planned to build new office buildings and towers in Lusail.
- "Issa Abdul Salam Abu Issa: Global Business Leaders". Global Business Leaders. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Salam International turns 60". The Peninsula. Doha, Qatar. 26 February 2012.
- "Salam International: An Arabian thoroughbred". AMEInfo.com. 13 December 2004. p. 2. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Securing family business through IPO". Moneyworks Magazine. 10 October 2007.
- "Salam International Turns 60". Gulf Times. Qatar. 26 February 2012.
- "Salam International - Business Activities".
- "World Economic Forum: Partner Institutes".
- "Arabian Business Qatar Power List 2012". Arabian Business. 2012.
- "Salam Bounian (Company Website)".
- "QBA Board of Directors - ISSA ABDUL SALAM ABU ISSA".
- "Qatari Businessmen Association Homepage".
- "Salam International Investment Ltd QSC : Press Statement SIIL Ordinary And Extra-Ordinary General Assembly Meeting Resolutions". 4 Traders. 19 February 2012.
- "Issa Abdul Salam Abu-Issa Interview with Ricardo Karam". Doha, Qatar. 2009.
- "TAKREEM Award for Outstanding Corporate Leadership".
- "TAKREEM Arab Achievement Awards - Our Profile".
- "SIIL eyeing expansion". The Gulf Times. Qatar. March 4, 2009.
- "Lebanese, Gulf investors to launch private bank with $13 mln capital". Lebanon: The Daily Star. 29 August 2011.
- "Salam to Invest in New Investment Bank in Lebanon, Chief Says". Bloomberg. 28 August 2011.