|Province of Turkey|
Location of Istanbul Province in Turkey
|• Electoral district||Istanbul|
|• Governor||Vasip Şahin|
|• Total||5,343.02 km2 (2,062.95 sq mi)|
|• Total||14,377,018 (2,014-12-31)|
|Area code(s)||0212 European side;
0216 Asian side
Istanbul Province (Turkish: İstanbul ili), also the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality(İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi) is a province located in north-west Turkey. It has an area of 5,343.02 km² and a population of 14,377,018 as of 2014. It is surrounded by the provinces of Tekirdağ to the west, Kocaeli to the east, the Black Sea to the northern part and the Sea of Marmara to the south. The Bosphorus (Boğaziçi) Strait divides the province in two parts: the European side and the Asian side. Out of a population of 12.9 million in 2009, roughly 8 million lived on the European side and the remaining 5 million lived on the Asian.
- List of Governors of Istanbul Province
- List of populated places in İstanbul Province
- Greater Istanbul Megaplex
- Turkish Statistical Institute, MS Excel document – Population of province/district centers and towns/villages and population growth rate by provinces
- "Büyükşehir Belediyesi Kanunu". Türkiye Büyük Millet Meclisi (in Turkish). 10 July 2004. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
Bu Kanunun yürürlüğe girdiği tarihte; büyükşehir belediye sınırları, İstanbul ve Kocaeli ilinde, il mülkî sınırıdır. (On the date this law goes in effect, the metropolitan city boundaries, in the provinces of İstanbul and Kocaeli, are those of the province.)
- "Istanbul population details". 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Istanbul Province.|
|This geographical article about a location in Istanbul Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|