|Type||Private fashion school|
|Galileo Global Education|
|Director||Barbara Toscano, Valérie Berdah-Lévy, Charlotte Gorse, Massimo Casagrande|
Italy, France, UK, USA
The school was founded in Milan in 1935 by the tailor Giulio Marangoni, and became a Scuola Professionale Artistica or "professional art school" in 1942. At first the school trained mainly pattern makers and seamstresses; in the 1970s and 1980s it turned towards fashion design, product development and marketing.:185
A London branch was opened in a former textile factory at 30 Fashion Street, Spitalfields, in 2003, and a Paris branch opened in 2006. A branch in Via de' Tornabuoni in central Florence opened in 2016. In China, branches were opened in Shanghai in 2013, and in Shenzhen in 2016. The Group opened its first school in India, in Mumbai, in July 2017.
In 2010 there were about 2200 students of 70 nationalities in three campuses.
In 2020 Providence Equity Partners then majority shareholder, sold its shares in Galileo Global Education for an amount of 2.3 billion euros as a consortium. The majority shareholders are now, CPP Investment Board and Théthys Invest, the holding company of the Bettencourt-Meyers family.
The Marangoni is often cited as one of the most prestigious fashion schools in the world. 
Since June 2016 the Istituto Marangoni has been listed by the Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca, the Italian ministry of education, among the institutions authorised to award degrees in music, dance and arts.
In the UK, its BA and MA programmes are validated by the Manchester Metropolitan University, which also awards master's degrees at the Paris branch. A three-year fashion stylist course in Paris is approved by the Commission nationale de la certification professionnelle.
- Franco Moschino.
- Domenico Dolce (who left after four months, believing that the school had nothing to teach him)
- Alessandra Facchinetti.
- Julie de Libran.
- Rahul Mishra.
- Rafael Lopez.
- Alessandro Sartori.
- Pauline Ducruet daughter of Princess Stéphanie of Monaco.
- Karla Garzaro.
- Gabriela Luna.
- Nynne Kunde.
- Victoria Ortiz y Martínez-Sagrera, Prince Joachim of Belgium's longtime girlfriend.
- Corina Del Pinal.
- Andrea Wazen. 
- "Pourquoi l'Istituto Marangoni est l'école idéale pour débuter sa carrière dans la mode ?". Vogue Paris (in French). Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Introducing Marangoni (in Italian). Istituto Marangoni. Archived 28 February 2005.
- Emanuela Cavalca Altan (2012). Moda e design in bilico. Nuove sfide e nuovi lavori (in Italian). Milano: Franco Angeli. ISBN 9788820401207.
- [s.n.] (30 August 2012). University guide 2013: Istituto Marangoni. The Guardian. Accessed August 2015.
- Lucie Muir (29 September 2004). Italian schools expand horizons. International Herald Tribune. (subscription required)
- UKPRN: 10009527: Istituto Marangoni Limited. UK Register of Learning Providers. Accessed August 2015.
- "New Paris Campus for Istituto Marangoni - News - Education". www.fashionunited.com. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Ilaria Ciuti (6 September 2016). Moda, arte, design: sbarca a Firenze la scuola Marangoni (in Italian). La Repubblica. Accessed April 2017.
- Li Wenfang (26 December 2016). Learning Italian fashion in Shenzhen. China Daily. Accessed April 2017.
- Simone Preuss (31 July 2017) Istituto Marangoni School of Fashion inaugurates new Mumbai campus Fashion United India. Accessed 1 September 2017
- Fashionista: The Top 50 Fashion Schools In The World: The Fashionista Ranking
- Sophie de Tarlé (16 November 2011) L’Institut Marangoni vendu au groupe américain Providence (in French). Educpros.fr. Accessed March 2014.
- "Galileo Global Education vendu 2,3 milliards d'euros". Challenges (in French). Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Bembaron, Elsa (8 March 2020). "Galileo Global Education en passe de changer de mains". Le Figaro.fr (in French). Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- "The best fashion schools according to The Business of Fashion". Vogue.it. 2 November 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Istituzioni autorizzate a rilasciare titoli di Alta Formazione Artistica, Musicale e Coreutica (art.11 DPR 8.7.2005, n.212) (in Italian). Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca. Accessed March 2014.
- David Taylor, Hayley Randle (2013) Review for Educational Oversight: report of the monitoring visit of Istituto Marangoni, May 2013. The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Accessed March 2014.
- [s.n.] (28 August 2012). The fashion school. The Guardian. Accessed August 2015.
- Istituto Marangoni Limited. Higher Education Funding Council for England. Accessed August 2015.
- Partners, Manchester Metropolitan University. Manchester Metropolitan University. Accessed April 2017.
- Code RNCP: 26184, Intitulé Styliste-créateur(trice) (in French). Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles. Accessed April 2017.
- Ilaria Ciuti (12 June 2015). Marangoni a Firenze "Piace agli americani" (in Italian). La Repubblica. Accessed September 2015.
- John Seabrook (14 March 2005). Hands and Eyes: When Dolce met Gabbana. The New Yorker. Accessed May 2014.
- Julie de Libran. Business of Fashion. Accessed 3 January 2018.
- Rahul Mishra Story Weaver. Rahul Mishra. Accessed July 2017.
- Cristina Morozzi (2015). Fashion Forward: The Creatives of Istituto Marangoni (back cover blurb). Milan: Rizzoli. ISBN 9780847846696.
- "5 choses à savoir sur Pauline Ducruet, cadette de Stéphanie de Monaco". Marie Claire (in French). Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Rodríguez, Irene (29 November 2019). "Mercedes- Benz Fashion Week Guatemala". República.gt (in Spanish). Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- "Luna Del Pinal". Vogue Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Carrera, Martino; Carrera, Martino (21 September 2019). "Istituto Marangoni Supports Former Student During MFW". WWD. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- "Le Prince Joachim de Belgique bientôt marié ? « No comment » pour le Palais". parismatch.be (in French). 26 October 2017. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Kia, Kara (22 August 2019). "The 5 Female Millennial Fashion Designers That You Absolutely Need on Your Radar". POPSUGAR Fashion UK. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- "At Home مع Andrea Wazen". marie claire arabia (in Arabic). Retrieved 29 April 2020.