Istituto Statale Italiano Leonardo Da Vinci
|Istituto Statale Italiano Leonardo Da Vinci|
Lycée italien Leonardo da Vinci
Junior and senior high school and administration
HQ/Secondary: 12 rue Sédillot - 75007 Parigi
Elementary: 3 bis Avenue de Villars - 75007 Parigi
|Type||Primary & secondary school|
The Istituto Statale Italiano Leonardo Da Vinci (French: Lycée italien Leonardo da Vinci) is an Italian government-owned Italian international school in Paris, France. Its scuola media and liceo scientifico (junior and senior high school, or high school and sixth-form college), along with the school administration, occupies one campus in the 7th arrondissement. The elementary school is housed in a different campus in the same arrondissement.
In 1932 Paris's first Italian school opened on Rue Bixio, and it moved to Avenue de Friedland in 1934. The school had a main campus on Rue de la Faisanderie and a Vincennes branch by 1937, and by 1939 each campus had 300 students, the maximum capacity for each. World War II, however, disrupted the Italian school.
12 rue Sédillot, an Art Nouveau building, was designed by Jules Lavirotte. It was first built in 1899. On May 6, 1930 the Italian Government bought the building. Before it became the Italian school, it was used as a "House of Italy". The fascists had used it for several years, before the French Provisional Government took possession in the post-World War II period. The French gave the building back to the Italians, and it opened as the Italian school on November 5, 1949.
Miriam F. Stimpson, author of A Field Guide to Landmarks of Modern Architecture in Europe, described 12 rue Sédillot as "One of Lavirotte's most flamboyant works in the Art Nouveau style."
French international schools in Italy:
- Lycée français Chateaubriand
- Lycée Stendhal de Milan
- Lycée Victor Hugo
- International French School of Turin
- "Bulletin officiel n° 17 du 29 avril 2010 Informations générales Vacance de poste Poste de professeur des écoles à l'école publique italienne de Paris." Ministry of Education of France. Retrieved on July 25, 2016.
- "Écoles et Universités." Embassy of Italy in Paris. Retrieved on July 25, 2016.
- "L'OFFERTA FORMATIVA ITALIANA NELLA CIRCOSCRIZIONE CONSOLARE DI PARIGI." Italian Consulate in Paris. Retrieved on 19 October 2015. "Amministrazione, Scuola Media e Liceo Scientifico 12 rue Sédillot - 75007 Parigi" and "Scuola Elementare 3 bis Avenue de Villars - 75007 Parigi" - See map
- "Storia." Istituto Statale Italiano Leonardo Da Vinci. Retrieved on July 8, 2016.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Italian) "Scuola italiana di Parigi: 60 anni in rue Sédillot" (Archive) - Italian Embassy in France and the Dante Alighieri Society. p. 8/65.
- Stimpson, Miriam F. A Field Guide to Landmarks of Modern Architecture in Europe. Prentice-Hall, January 1, 1985. ISBN 0133165485, 9780133165487. p. 150. See search page
- Petroni, Liano (Autumn 1984). "QUELQUES ASPECTS DES LIENS CULTURELS EXISTANT AUJOURD'HUI ENTRE L'ITALIE ETLA FRANCE". Francofonia (in French). Casa Editrice Leo S. Olschki s.r.l. (7): 125–132. JSTOR 43015545.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Istituto Statale Italiano Leonardo Da Vinci.|
- ‹See Tfd›(in Italian) Istituto Statale Italiano Leonardo Da Vinci
- ‹See Tfd›(in Italian) Lusadi, Tamara. "Scuola italiana di Parigi: costi eccessivi" (Archive). Corriere della Sera.
|This French school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Italian school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|