August 20, 1976 (age 41)|
Dunajská Streda, Czechoslovakia
István Gergely (born August 20, 1976 in Dunajská Streda, Czechoslovakia) is a Hungarian water polo player. He was a member of the Gold medal winning Hungary men's national water polo team at the 2004 Athens Olympics and 2008 Beijing Olympics. He also represented Slovakia at the 2000 Olympics.
- Olympic Games: Gold medal - 2004, 2008
- World Championships: Gold medal - 2003; Silver medal - 2005
- FINA World League: Gold medal - 2003, 2004; Silver medal - 2005
- Hungarian Championship (OB I): 4x (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 - with Bp. Honvéd)
- Hungarian Cup (Magyar Kupa): 2x (2006, 2010 - with Bp. Honvéd)
- Member of the Hungarian team of year: 2003, 2004, 2008
- Officer's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary (2004)
- Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary (2008)
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "István Gergely". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 2016-03-06. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- "Olimpikonok kitüntetése a Parlamentben" (in Hungarian). Hungarian Olympic Committee. 29 August 2008. Archived from the original on 5 August 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a Hungarian sports person is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|