Isu Local Government Area
formerly Isu/Njaba (Nkwerre Isu) local government area
|• Land||20 sq mi (40 km2)|
|• Total||164 328|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (WAT)|
Isu is a local government area in the Imo State of Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Umundugba. Other communities are Amandugba, Ekwe, Uburu Ekwe, Isunjaba, Amurie Omanze, Ebenator Ekwe and Oboro Amurie. The name comes from the Isu people, a subgroup of the Igbo people.
Amandugba and neighboring Umundugba used to be one town. Both communities have suffered from an unreliable water supply from streams and brooks that often dry up, and that are breeding grounds for malaria-carrying mosquitoes and sources of diseases such as cholera, diarrhea, dysentery, guinea worm, tape worm, and night blindness. A recent project by Africa We Care, a charity, has started to develop a supply based on a bore-hole.
Missionary Institute of God´s Image (MIGI) German Language School. This school is located in Amurie Omanze in Isu Local Government Area. The MIGI German Language School has the recognition of the Imo State Ministry of Tertiary Education. German Language is being taught there for Students who would like to study in Germany, Married couples that would like to join their Husband or Wife in Germany, Tourists and those who have love for a second Language.
- "Education & Schools". Isu LGA. Archived from the original on 2013-08-08. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- Olson 1996, pp. 245.
- Egbe Ifie, ed. (2000). Africa, our times and culture, Volume 1, Part 2. Oputoru Books. p. 194. ISBN 978-35285-9-9.
- "The Water for Life Project". Africa We Care. Archived from the original on September 3, 2011. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- missionary Institute of God´s Image German Language School Amurie Omanze
|This Imo State, Nigeria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Isu (Local Government Area)". www.citypopulation.de. Retrieved May 22, 2016.