It's Only Love (Bryan Adams song)
|"It's Only Love"|
|Single by Bryan Adams with Tina Turner|
|from the album Reckless|
|Bryan Adams singles chronology|
|Tina Turner singles chronology|
"It's Only Love" is a song by Canadian singer and songwriter Bryan Adams, featuring American-Swiss singer Tina Turner. Released as a single in 1985, the song was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal and the accompanying video won an MTV Video Music Award for Best Stage Performance. It was the sixth and final single from Adams' album Reckless (1984) and was included on Tina Turner's live album Tina Live in Europe (1988), as well as being added to both artists' greatest hits compilations: Adams' Anthology (2005) and Turner's All the Best (2004). It reached number 15 in January 1986 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States and number 29 in the United Kingdom. The 12" single included the 1985 live version that would later appear on the album Tina Live in Europe (1988).
Adams told Songfacts that this was his most memorable collaboration of all the ones he has done. He explained: "Working with Tina Turner was amazing. I used to go to see her in the clubs when I was in my late teens/early 20s before she hit the big time. It was incredible to watch her." He added: "It was such a privilege to have sung with her, especially since I was only 24 at the time."
The video is a live clip from Tina Turner's 1985 Private Dancer Tour. It begins with Turner in her trademark black leather minidress and jean jacket, introducing the young Canadian Bryan Adams. He then joins her on stage for a live performance of the song. The popular video won Best Stage Performance in a Video at the 1986 MTV Awards.
It was the first music video ever to use Skycam.
- Bryan Adams – lead vocals and backing vocals, rhythm guitar
- Tina Turner - lead vocals and backing vocals
- Keith Scott –lead guitar
- Dave Taylor – bass
- Tommy Mandel – keyboards
- Mickey Curry – drums
|Australia (Kent Music Report)||57|
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||30|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||22|
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||14|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||44|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||20|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||37|
|Spain Radio (PROMUSICAE)||34|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||16|
|UK Singles (OCC)||29|
|US Billboard Hot 100||15|
|US Mainstream Rock (Billboard)||7|
- "it's only love - full Official Chart History - Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com.
- "Jewels for the Queen: Tina Turner's Lifetime of Grammy Gold". PopMatters. February 9, 2018.
- Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 2002-10-05. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- "It's Only Love". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- David Kent (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970-1992. Australia: St Ives, N.S.W. : Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Austriancharts.at – Bryan Adams & Tina Turner – It's Only Love" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Ultratop.be – Bryan Adams & Tina Turner – It's Only Love" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Top RPM Singles: Issue 9390." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Bryan Adams & Tina Turner – It's Only Love". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – It's Only Love". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – week 48, 1985" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40 Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Charts.nz – Bryan Adams & Tina Turner – It's Only Love". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Fernando Salaverri (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- "Swisscharts.com – Bryan Adams & Tina Turner – It's Only Love". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Tina Turner: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Tina Turner Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- "Tina Turner Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved September 22, 2015.