It's Showtime (kickboxing)
|Industry||Martial arts promotion|
|Fate||Acquired by GLORY|
|Founder||Simon Rutz & Edwin van Os|
|Simon Rutz, CEO|
|Parent||European Fighting Network|
"It's Showtime" is a defunct kickboxing and mixed martial arts promotion based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It was founded by Simon Rutz in 1998 and held its first show in 1999 and its last near the end of 2012.
It's Showtime events were cross-promoted with K-1 and other European promotions from Italy, Belgium and England. In December 2007 the first season of It’s Showtime Reality Show was broadcast on Eurosport, featuring 19 fighters from all over the world. K-1 partnership continued until K-1's deepening financial problems and Simon Rutz claimed in January 2011 that some fighters from It's Showtime had not been paid for fights in K-1.
In March 2012, It's Showtime announced that EMCOM Entertainment established the new company K-1 Global Holdings Ltd. in Hong Kong. EMCOM/K-1 Global's agreement with It's Showtime made many fighters under It's Showtime promotion sign contracts to appear in upcoming K-1 Global events. However, it was announced in June 2012 that It's Showtime was purchased by Glory Sports International, eventually to be merged in their new promotion GLORY.
Kickboxing fights were conducted under K-1 rules 3 X 3 rounds and title fights 5 X 3. It's Showtime had eight different weight classes MAX 61 kg, MAX 65 kg, MAX 70 kg, MAX 73 kg, MAX 77 kg, MAX 85 kg, MAX 95 kg and Heavyweight +95 kg.
- List of It's Showtime (kickboxing) events
- List of It's Showtime (kickboxing) champions
- List of kickboxers
- "Simon Rutz interview (founder of Its Showtime)". Archived from the original on 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- "Simon Rutz with K-1 Event Producer Tanigawa". Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "Simon Rutz Interview". Archived from the original on 2009-05-21. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "Showtime Reality". Archived from the original on November 3, 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
- "What is happening with K-1!? It's Showtime owner Rutz talks about the rumor (1/2)" Archived 2012-09-30 at the Wayback Machine., January 21, 2011, Sports Navi – Yahoo! Japan (in Japanese)
- It's Showtime Closes Deal with the New K-1 Organization, March 6, 2012, itsshowtime.nl
- GLORY World Series Acquires Kickboxing Competitor ‘It’s Showtime’ Archived 2012-09-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Fight Network Signs Multi-Year Deal with ‘It’s Showtime’, mmafocused.com, 2011-03-16
- "Current champions". Archived from the original on May 3, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-25.