It's Tough to Be a Bird
|It's Tough to Be a Bird|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ward Kimball|
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Story by||Ted Berman|
|Music by||George Bruns|
|Animation by||Eric Larson|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Distribution Company|
It's Tough to Be a Bird is a 1969 educational animated short made by Walt Disney Productions. It was directed and produced by Ward Kimball. The short won the Academy Award for Best Short Subject, Cartoons in 1970 and was nominated for a BAFTA Film Award for Best Animated Film in 1971. This was the last animated short film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios to win an Academy Award, until Paperman in 2013.
In the short, a red bird explains how birds have contributed to human culture, even as people often try to kill them. He claims this may be because humans were jealous that birds can fly but people cannot, mentioning the legend of Icarus and featured films of early unsuccessful flying machines.
- Staff, Variety (2015-03-11). "Dick Bakalyan, Character Actor Who Appeared in 'Chinatown,' Dies at 84". Variety. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- ""Escalation": This 1968 anti-war animated film by Disney legend Ward Kimball is as timely as ever". nightflight.com. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Richard Bakalyan, Tough Guy Character Actor and a Cop in 'Chinatown,' Dies at 84". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- Crump, Hayley (2015-04-04). "Disney: Never Short of Heart | Redbrick". Redbrick. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- Cone, Nathan. "Disney Draws On Young Talent For New Collection". Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- DTV Bobby Day Rockin' Robin by Rayzor-YouTube
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: It's Tough to Be a Bird|
|This article about a Disney animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|