It's a Disco Night (Rock Don't Stop)
"It's a Disco Night (Rock Don't Stop)" is a 1979 club hit for The Isley Brothers, released on their T-Neck label as the second single from their gold-certified album, Winner Takes All. The song is notable for being one of the few disco-based songs the Isley Brothers released. Beforehand, the group were known for their mixture of funk, rhythm and blues and rock. The song was led by brother Rudolph Isley while his brothers Kelly and Ronald Isley chanted "rock don't stop" in the background.The song briefly charted on the Billboard Hot 100 peaking at number 90, hitting number 27 on the R&B chart. Outside the US, "It's a Disco Night" reached number 14 on the UK Singles chart. 
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||90|
|U.S. Billboard Disco Top 100||44|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Soul Singles||27|
Unless otherwise noted, Information is based on Liner notes
- Lead vocals by Rudolph Isley and Ronald Isley
- Background vocals by O'Kelly Isley Jr., Ronald Isley and Rudolph Isley
- Guitar, drums, congas and percussion by Ernie Isley
- Bass, percussion and background vocals by Marvin Isley
- Keyboards, congas and percussion by Chris Jasper
- George Carnell - Assistant engineer
- John Holbrook - Recording engineer, synthesizer programming
- Disco, Soul, Gold. “Happy Birthday, Rudolph Isley”. Facebook. 2 April 2015. https://m.facebook.com/DiscoSoulGold/posts/998121983534342
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 278.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 130.
- The Isley Brothers. “Winner Takes All” (Album notes). T-Neck. 1979.
- Laing, Dave. “Marvin Isley Obituary”. The Guardian. 9 June 2010. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/jun/09/marvin-isley-obituary