It's About Time (John Denver album)
|It's About Time|
|Studio album by John Denver|
|Released||November 15, 1983|
|Genre||Country, soft rock, folk rock|
|Producer||John Denver, Barney Wyckoff|
|John Denver chronology|
It's About Time is the 17th album by American singer-songwriter John Denver recorded at Criteria Recording Studios in Miami and released in November 1983. The album featured several notable supporting vocalists, including Patti Austin, Rita Marley (and The Wailers), as well as Emmylou Harris. "Wild Montana Skies" was the single from this album; members of the Western Writers of America chose it as one of the Top 100 Western songs of all time.
It contains the following dedication from John Denver: "This album is dedicated with great love and respect to the memory of my father, Lt. Col. (Ret.) H.J. "Dutch" Deutschendorf."
All tracks composed by John Denver; except where indicated
- "Hold on Tightly" – 4:00
- "Thought of You" – 4:02
- "Somethin' About" – 3:44
- "On the Wings of a Dream" (Denver, Joe Henry, Lee Holdridge, John Magee) - 5:01
- "Flight (The Higher We Fly)" – 3:16
- "Falling Out of Love" – 4:56
- "I Remember Romance" – 5:25
- "Wild Montana Skies" – 4:02
- "The Way I Am"1
- "World Game" – 4:58
- "It's About Time" (Denver, Glen D. Hardin) – 3:42
1Not featured on cassette version or on original LP.
The following information is from the CD insert.
All personnel in this section are credited along with John Denver as arrangers.
- Jerry Carrigan - drums and percussion
- Jerry Scheff - bass
- Glen D. Hardin - piano, Rhodes, B-3
- James Burton - lead guitars (electric and acoustic)
- Jim Horn - saxophone, flute, recorder
- Larry Fast - synthesizer
- Fred Wickstom - marimbas
- Harvey Thompson - tenor saxophone
- Charles Rose - trombone
- Harrison Calloway, Jr. - trumpet
- with Jim Horn - baritone saxophone
Musicians from "World Game"
- The Wailers
- The I Threes
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||55|
|U.S. Billboard 200||61|
|Canadian RPM Top Albums||92|