It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (season 7)
|It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 7|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original run||September 15 – December 15, 2011|
|Home video release|
|Region 1||October 9, 2012|
|Blu-ray Disc release|
|Region A||October 9, 2012|
|List of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episodes|
The seventh season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, premiered on FX on September 15, 2011. The season contained 13 episodes, and concluded airing on December 15, 2011. The episode "How Mac Got Fat" includes scenes produced during season 6 that featured Mac, before he got fat.
Frank falls in love with a prostitute named Roxy which sets the rest of the gang off to try and transform her into a presentable woman. Meanwhile, Dennis attempts to help Mac get healthy after gaining nearly fifty pounds. The gang decides to take a roadtrip to the Jersey Shore so Dennis and Dee can relive their favorite childhood memories. The vacation turns nightmarish for the siblings, while Frank, Mac, and Charlie have magical experiences. Frank accidentally finds himself in charge of a child beauty pageant and tries to squash all suspicions that he is a pedophile while the rest of the gang pick contestants to mentor.
When Dee comes into money from her surrogate pregnancy, she is forced to fake a baby funeral to avoid paying taxes to the IRS. The boys in the gang attempt to start a more democratic way of running Paddy's Pub, which ultimately results in more shouting. Frank's long lost brother shows up at Paddy's, revealing secrets about Frank's former life as a club owner, drug addict, and about Frank's former lover. The gang runs into trouble when they try to prepare for a giant storm, and Dennis meets a woman he can't seduce.
On a slow news day the gang plays a board game they invented (ripped off from other games) called "Chardee MacDennis". The gang tries to track down an annoying shusher on Facebook and end up bickering about the use of the Internet for Paddy's business. While robbing a house, the gang gets caught in a precarious situation when the homeowners return.
Mac confesses to a priest how he gained his weight, and why the blame falls on his friends. The gang rush to the movie theater to see the world's greatest action movie, but must avoid traffic caused by President Obama's trip to Philly. The gang attend their high school reunion and are humiliated by the "cool kids" and other former enemies. They then take revenge on their enemies in the form of a dance routine.
- Main cast
- Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly
- Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds
- Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds
- Rob McElhenney as Mac
- Kaitlin Olson as Deandra Reynolds
- Recurring cast
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis as The Waitress (3 episode)
- Catherine Reitman as Maureen Ponderosa (2 episodes)
- David Hornsby as Matthew "Rickety Cricket" Mara (2 episodes)
- Artemis Pebdani as Artemis (1 episode)
- Guest stars
- Jon Polito as Gino ("Frank's Brother")
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|72||1||"Frank's Pretty Woman"||Matt Shakman||Scott Marder & Rob Rosell||September 15, 2011||XIP07002||2.28|
|Frank decides he wants to marry his favorite crack-smoking hooker Roxy (Alanna Ubach), leading Dee to attempt to pull a "Pretty Woman" and clean her up. Mac has inexplicably gained 50 pounds ("cultivating mass" in his words), causing Dennis to become worried about his health; the two head to the doctor's office where they both get surprising diagnoses. Charlie pretends to be a millionaire in a scheme to get Frank a date with a woman who is not a prostitute.|
|73||2||"The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore"||Matt Shakman||Dave Chernin & John Chernin||September 22, 2011||XIP07012||1.93|
|Dennis and Dee want to relive their carefree childhood vacation memories, leading the gang to take a trip to the Jersey Shore. Their various meanderings find Charlie connecting with the Waitress, Dennis and Dee discovering a less innocent side of the Jersey Shore, and Frank and Mac getting lost at sea before partying with the local "guidos" who rescue them.|
|74||3||"Frank Reynolds’ Little Beauties"||Matt Shakman||Scott Marder & Rob Rosell||September 29, 2011||XIP07011||2.03|
|Frank inadvertently becomes involved in the child beauty pageant business and is subsequently terrified of being perceived as a pedophile. As Dee plots revenge on the pageant's bratty front-runner, Mac, Dennis and Charlie think they've found their dark horse to win 'Frank's Little Beauties.'|
|75||4||"Sweet Dee Gets Audited"||Matt Shakman||Rob McElhenney & Glenn Howerton & Charlie Day||October 6, 2011||XIP07010||1.82|
|Dee is forced to commit a few very questionable acts in order to get out of an unexpected IRS audit. Meanwhile, in an attempt to stop Frank from doing as he pleases with Paddy's profits, Mac, Dennis and Charlie demand a greater democracy in bar operations.|
|76||5||"Frank's Brother"||Matt Shakman||David Hornsby||October 13, 2011||XIP07004||1.42|
|The gang is shocked to meet Frank's long lost brother (Jon Polito) when he unexpectedly arrives at Paddy's Pub. Frank's background as proprietor of a nightclub known as "Shadynasty's" is revealed.|
|77||6||"The Storm of the Century"||Matt Shakman||Charles W. Hornsby||October 20, 2011||XIP07008||1.52|
|The Gang joins the masses in a race to secure scarce resources as a major storm approaches Philadelphia, while Frank refuses to buy into the media hype about the storm. Dennis becomes infatuated with reporter Jackie Denardo, played by Jessica Collins.|
|78||7||"Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games"||Matt Shakman||Charlie Day & Rob McElhenney||October 27, 2011||XIP07001||1.38|
|Dee and Dennis face off against Mac, Charlie and Frank in a very twisted board game developed years earlier by the Gang.|
|79||8||"The ANTI-Social Network"||Matt Shakman||Charlie Day & Glenn Howerton||November 3, 2011||XIP07003||1.69|
|Mac and Dee use the Internet to cyber-stalk a man who shushed them at a trendy bar. Dennis and Charlie stalk him the old fashioned way. Frank tries to drum up business for Paddy's with a viral video.|
|80||9||"The Gang Gets Trapped"||Matt Shakman||Luvh Rakhe||November 10, 2011||XIP07009||1.32|
|The gang's plan to extract an artifact is jeopardized when the owners arrive home unexpectedly.|
|81||10||"How Mac Got Fat"||Randall Einhorn
|Scott Marder & Mehar Sethi||November 17, 2011||XIP06004||1.26|
|Mac confesses to a priest about why his recent weight gain is The Gang's fault and not his own. The Gang's bar achieves a level of success it has never seen, and lowly Charlie is the only one who takes it seriously.|
|82||11||"Thunder Gun Express"||Matt Shakman||Dave Chernin & John Chernin||December 1, 2011||XIP07007||1.52|
|The Gang set off to see a really popular action movie, but when they get stuck in traffic, they split up and resort to backstabbing, theft, manipulation, and unsavory shortcuts to get to the theater in time.|
|83||12||"The High School Reunion"||Matt Shakman||Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney||December 8, 2011||XIP07005||1.40|
|Part one of two. The Gang attends their high school reunion. Dennis learns he was not as popular as he thought he was. Dee for the first time gets accepted into the popular clique. Mac (the audience discovers his real name), Charlie, and Frank find that they are treated the same as they were in high school. Nathan Followill, Caleb Followill and Jared Followill from Kings of Leon make cameo appearances at the reunion.|
|84||13||"The High School Reunion Part 2: The Gang's Revenge"||Matt Shakman||Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney||December 15, 2011||XIP07006||1.32|
|Part two of two. The disastrous events from the first part of the reunion lead to psychosis, a painful initiation of Dee into Mac, Charlie and Frank's recreation of their high school psycho troupe "The Freight Train", a plan to win back the favor of The Gang's former classmates via the magic of dance and George Michael. Both episodes feature The Gang's high school friends that the audience has been introduced to throughout the series.|
DVD and Blu-ray release
|It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season Seven|
|Set Details||Special Features|
|Region 1||Region 4|
|October 9, 2012||TBA|
- Lambert, David (July 25, 2012). "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Official Date, Packaging, Cost and Extras for 'Season 7' on DVD, Blu-ray". TV Shows on DVD. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert. "FX Announces Fall Premiere Dates for 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'It's Always Sunny,' 'American Horror Story' & 'The League'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 16, 2011). "Thursday Cable: 'Jersey Shore' Slips; 'Sunny,' 'Archer' Premieres; 'Beyond Scared Straight,' 'LA Ink' Finales & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (September 23, 2011). "Thursday Cable: 'Jersey Shore' Slips; 'It's Always Sunny,' 'Archer' Dip' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 30, 2011). "Thursday Cable: 'Jersey Shore' Bounces Back; 'It's Always Sunny,' 'Archer' Rise, 'Project Runway' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 7, 2011). "Thursday Cable: With Younger Adults 'Jersey Shore' Beats A-Rod Striking Out + 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Project Runway' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (October 14, 2011). "Thursday Cable: 'Jersey Shore' Slips, But Wins + 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Bordertown: Laredo' Premiere & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 21, 2011). "Thursday Cable: 'Jersey Shore' Inches Up in Final + 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Project Runway' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 22, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (28 October 2011). "Thursday Cable: 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Return Tops + 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Project Runway' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved 29 October 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 4, 2011). "Thursday Cable: 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Falls Far, But Tops Night; 'Burn Notice' Returns Down; 'It's Always Sunny' Rises & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 11, 2011). "Thursday Cable: Raiders-Chargers Top Night; 'Burn Notice' Steady, 'It's Always Sunny' Shrinks + 'Beavis' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 18, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Broncos-Jets Goes Skyward; 'Burn Notice' Falls, 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Beavis' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 19, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (December 2, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Even A Lame NFL Game Is Better Than None; 'Burn Notice' Perks Up + 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Beavis' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (December 9, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Steelers/Browns Leads; 'Burn Notice' Slips + 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Beyond Scared Straight' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (December 16, 2011). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Jaguars/Falcons Top Night + 'Burn Notice' Season Finale, 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Beyond Scared Straight' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- List of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episodes at the Internet Movie Database
- List of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 7 episodes at TV.com
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at epguides.com