What We're All About
|"What We're All About"|
|Single by Sum 41 featuring Kerry King|
|from the album Music from and Inspired by Spider-Man|
|Released||April 17, 2002 (UK)|
|Songwriter(s)||Deryck Whibley, Dave Baksh, Steve Jocz|
|Sum 41 singles chronology|
This is a reworked version of "Dave's Possessed Hair/It's What We're all About" that appeared on the band's first EP, Half Hour of Power. Part of the first verse is rapped in an a cappella version in the beginning of the Fat Lip music video. The song segues into the 55-second instrumental track, "Ride the Chariot to the Devil", on the EP version of the song.
The music video was directed by Marc Klasfeld and premiered in mid-2002. It features the band playing upside-down with their instruments chained to the roof as they perform on the rooftop to the crowd below. Throughout the video, various clips of the Spider-Man movie play, and in the middle of the performance, Kerry King of the thrash metal band Slayer is featured in the music video and performs the guitar solo in the song.
- "It's What We're All About" - 3:30
- "Motivation" (live) - 2:25
- Sum 41
- Bizzy D – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Stevo 32 – co-lead vocals, drums, percussion
- Brownsound – co-lead vocals, lead guitar
- Cone – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Additional musician
|Germany (Official German Charts)||91|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||71|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||43|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||32|
- "Australian-charts.com – Sum 41 – What We're All About". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Musicline.de – Sum 41 Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Irish Singles Chart – Search for song". Irish Recorded Music Association. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- "Hit Parade Italia - Indice per Interprete: P". Hit Parade Italia. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Sum 41 – What We're All About" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Sum 41 – What We're All About". Swiss Singles Chart.
|This 2000s rock single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This punk song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|