It Started with a Kiss (film)
|It Started with a Kiss|
Promotional movie poster for the film
|Directed by||George Marshall|
|Produced by||Aaron Rosenberg|
|Written by||Valentine Davies (story)|
|Music by||Jeff Alexander|
|Cinematography||Robert J. Bronner|
|Edited by||John McSweeney Jr.|
After a whirlwind courtship, an Air Force staff sergeant who is a Korean War veteran, Joe Fitzpatrick, and his wife Maggie, a dancer, try to make their marriage work. Joe is posted to Spain; back in New York, his wife learns that he has won a raffle making them the owners of the custom-built 1955 Lincoln Futura concept car. The car is delivered to Spain, where it attracts attention from many people including a famous matador, who makes advances to Maggie and invites her to his estate. The car also comes to the attention of Joe's commanding officer, who insists he ship it back to the States to avoid promoting the image of Americans as snobbishly wealthy. This upsets Maggie. Joe is also told he will owe considerable income tax on the car, which he cannot afford. In the end, Joe sells the car to the matador, and he and Maggie are reconciled.
- Glenn Ford as Sgt. Joe Fitzpatrick
- Debbie Reynolds as Maggie Putnam
- Eva Gabor as Marquesa Marion de la Rey
- Gustavo Rojo as Antonio Soriano
- Fred Clark as Maj. Gen. Tim O'Connell
- Edgar Buchanan as Congressman Richard Tappe
- Harry Morgan as Charles Meriden (as Henry 'Harry' Morgan)
- Robert Warwick as Congressman Muir
- Frances Bavier as Mrs. Tappe
- Netta Packer as Mrs. Muir
- Robert Cunningham as The Major
- Alice Backes as Sally Meriden
- Carmen Phillips as Belvah
- Robert Hutton as Alvin Ashley (uncredited)
A scene in the movie recreated a well-known sequence from the 1938 film Bringing Up Baby, when Joe must walk in step behind Maggie to hide her torn dress.
According to MGM records the film earned $2,750,000 in the US and Canada and $1.9 million elsewhere, resulting in a profit of $582,000.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- US and Canada figures see "1959: Probable Domestic Take", Variety, 6 January 1960 p 34
- It Started with a Kiss on IMDb
- It Started with a Kiss at AllMovie
- It Started with a Kiss at the TCM Movie Database
- It Started with a Kiss at the American Film Institute Catalog
|This article about a romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|