It Sure Is Monday
|"It Sure Is Monday"|
|Single by Mark Chesnutt|
|from the album Almost Goodbye|
|B-side||"I'm Not Getting Any Better at Goodbyes"|
|Released||May 18, 1993|
|Mark Chesnutt singles chronology|
"It Sure Is Monday" is a song written by Dennis Linde and recorded by American country music artist Mark Chesnutt. It was released in May 1993 as the first single from his 1993 album Almost Goodbye. The song reached number-one on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart. It also peaked at number 19 on the U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart.
The song is an uptempo, the narrator is a young man who is complaining that he has to get busy again seeing that the weekend has passed and that "it sure is Monday".
The music video was directed by John Lloyd Miller and premiered in mid-1993.
"It Sure Is Monday" debuted at number 65 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of May 22, 1993.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||19|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||39|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
by Alan Jackson
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
August 14, 1993
"Why Didn't I Think of That"
by Doug Stone
"We'll Burn That Bridge"
by Brooks & Dunn
|RPM Country Tracks
August 28, 1993
"I'm Gonna Drive You Out of My Mind"
by Charlie Major
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 92–93. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2219." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. August 28, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Mark Chesnutt – Chart history" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Mark Chesnutt.
- "Mark Chesnutt – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Mark Chesnutt.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1993". RPM. December 18, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Best of 1993: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|