- The elevation of the municipal seat is 445 meters.
- It became a municipality in 1962.
- The postal code (CEP) is 39470-000.
- Statistical microregion: Januária
The economy is based on agriculture with emphasis on cattle raising. There were 39,000 head in 2006. The main agricultural crops were corn, manioc, sugarcane, and mamona--castor oil plant. The GDP was R$65,000,000 in 2005.
- Municipal Human Development Index: .622 (2000)
- State ranking: 801 out of 853 municipalities as of 2000
- National ranking: 4,267 out of 5,138 municipalities as of 2000
(For the complete list see Frigoletto)
|This geographical article relating to Minas Gerais is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|