|Based on||Itaewon Class|
by Gwang Jin
|Developed by||Kim Do-soo for Showbox|
|Written by||Gwang Jin|
|Directed by||Kim Seong-yoon|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producer||Jo Joon-hyung|
|Running time||70 minutes|
|Production companies||JTBC Studios)|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||January 31 –|
March 21, 2020
|Related shows||Roppongi Class (TV Asahi, upcoming)|
Itaewon Class (Korean: 이태원 클라쓰; Hanja: 梨泰院 클라쓰; RR: Itaewon Keullasseu) is a 2020 South Korean television series starring Park Seo-joon, Kim Da-mi, Yoo Jae-myung and Kwon Nara. Based on the webtoon of the same name, it is the first series to be produced by the film distribution company Showbox. It aired on JTBC in Korea from January 31 to March 21, 2020, and is streaming worldwide on Netflix. The series won Best Drama Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards.
Due to an accident which killed his father, Park Sae-ro-yi (Park Seo-joon) attempted to kill Jang Geun-won (Ahn Bo-hyun), the son of Jangga Group's founder, Jang Dae-hee (Yoo Jae-myung). He was jailed and the woman he loved, Oh Soo-ah (Kwon Na-ra), was offered a university scholarship by Jang Dae-hee and later became the Strategic Planning Head of Jangga Group.
After his release from prison, Park Sae-ro-yi opens Danbam in Itaewon. He wants to be successful and seeks revenge towards Jangga Group. However, he is not too smart at managing his business. He then meets Jo Yi-seo (Kim Da-mi).
Cast and characters
- Proprietor of DanBam, a bar-restaurant in Itaewon. In his youth, Sae-ro-yi gets expelled from high school for punching CEO Jang's son Geun-won, who was bullying a classmate, and becomes bereaved when his father is killed by Geun-won's reckless driving. Angered by the loss, he attacks Geun-won, leading to his three-year imprisonment. Following his father's steps, Sae-ro-yi opens his bar-restaurant DanBam in Itaewon seven years after he is released from jail, with the aim of expanding it into a franchise and defeating CEO Jang's food company Jangga Group. In 2020, he becomes the CEO of his company IC Group.
- Manager of Sae-Ro-Yi's bar-restaurant DanBam. Yi-seo is a multi-talented and intelligent girl with an IQ of 162. She moved from New York to continue her studies in South Korea. She is also famous on social media as a power blogger and social media internet celebrity. Having a crush on Sae-Ro-yi, she offers to become the manager of DanBam. Her lack of empathy and callous behavior has many people believe she is a sociopath, but she does end up caring for her DanBam coworkers. She especially has a breakthrough with Hyeon-Yi after initially criticizing her cooking and believing her transgender identity would impede DanBam’s business. Despite being declined by Sae-ro-yi, Yi-seo remains by his side as DanBam’s manager. In 2020, Yi-seo becomes the CFO of Sae-ro-yi's company IC Group. Eventually, Saeroyi realizes his feelings for Yi-Seo and he confesses his love for her.
- CEO of food company Jangga Group. CEO Jang is a self-made man who, despite the odds, succeeds in turning his once small bar into a large franchise company. In his years of experience leading Jangga, he develops a strong belief in power and authority as a means to achieve his goals. He meets Sae-ro-yi when the latter has a fight with his son Geun-won in high school and expects him to kneel as a submission of his power. However, Saeroryi always resisted kneeling and made his life harder for it. In 2020, he is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and doesn't have much long to live. Unfortunately, his illegal activities under Jangga was exposed and ruined his company. Despite kneeling before Sae-Ro-Yi for help, Sae-Ro-Yi absorbed Jangga into his company, leaving Dae-Hee with nothing.
- Head of the strategic planning team in Jangga Group; Sae-ro-yi's former classmate and first love. Abandoned by her mother, Soo-ah grew up in an orphanage and became close with Sae-ro-yi's father Sung-yeol. She becomes acquainted with Sae-ro-yi, who has a crush on her. After Sung-yeol's death, she receives a scholarship offer from Jangga Group and soon becomes an employee in the company. Though passionate about her work, she is torn between her allegiance to Jangga and her love for Sae-ro-yi. Due to their conflicts of interests, the two would hold a long term emotional relationship, but never a true romantic one. Eventually, Soo-ah realizes Saeroyi's feelings have changed and the two remain as friends. She later became a whistle blower to the authorities on the crimes that Jangga have committed in the past during her time in the company and later starts her own restaurant.
- Kim Dong-hee as Jang Geun-soo
- CEO Jang's second and illegitimate son; Yi-seo's classmate and staff member at DanBam. Geun-soo has been bullied by his older brother Geun-won and he never felt loved by his parents. Upon turning 17, he left the Jang family and lived by himself from then on. After inconveniencing DanBam in an incident, he decides to work for Sae-ro-yi, whom he considers to be a "real adult." He has a crush on Yi-seo. However, after leaving DanBam, Geun-soo chooses to work at his father's company to become the successor for Jangga Group, and gradually became ruthless towards his former DanBam colleagues due to his thirst to prove himself and win Yi-seo's affections. In 2020, Geun-soo is the director of Jangga Group, and he eventually reconciles with the DanBam staff after realising the error of his ways.
- Ryu Kyung-soo as Choi Seung-kwon
- Staff member at DanBam. Seung-kwon was Sae-ro-yi's cellmate in prison. Believing that he cannot better his life outside of jail, he became a gangster under a gang leader upon his release. Seven years later, he meets Sae-ro-yi who, to his surprise, had already opened a bar in Itaewon. Deeply respecting Sae-ro-yi and his way to live a better life, he gives up being a gangster and starts working at DanBam. In 2020, he becomes one of the directors of Sae-ro-yi's company IC Group.
- Lee Joo-young as Ma Hyeon-yi
- DanBam's chief cook. Hyun-yi first met Sae-ro-yi in a factory where the two formerly worked, years before the start of DanBam. She was hired as DanBam's cook when Sae-ro-yi liked the food she once cooked for him back then. Hyun-yi is a transgender woman and has been saving money for her sex reassignment surgery. In 2020, she becomes one of the directors of Sae-ro-yi's company IC Group.
- Chris Lyon as Kim To-ni
- DamBam's Guinean-Korean part-timer. Even though he cannot speak and understand English, To-ni is fluent in speaking Korean, owing to his Korean father and his one-year residence in South Korea, and French, the language he speaks in Guinea. Eventually, he is able to learn and speak a satisfactory amount of English. He also reunited with his Korean grandmother (a sponsor and investor of DanBam), who acknowledges him as her grandchild.
- Ahn Bo-hyun as Jang Geun-won
- CEO Jang's first son and heir to Jangga Group. Geun-won was Sae-ro-yi and Soo-ah's classmate in high school who frequently bullied their classmate Ho-jin. He caused the vehicular accident that killed Sae-ro-yi's father Sung-yeol. Years later when he attempts to recruit Yi-seo into Jangga, his confession to the crime is recorded by her and he attacks her until Sae-ro-yi intervenes and gets him arrested. Dae-hee deserts Geun-won by admitting his son's crimes during his apology meeting and Geun-won was sentenced to seven years' imprisonment. In 2020, he is released on parole after serving four years out of his prison term and therefore, alongside Kim Hee-hoon and his gang, Geun-won plans to get revenge on Yi-seo by kidnapping both her and his brother, though he ultimately failed and he was sentenced to incarceration once again.
- Kim Hye-eun as Kang Min-jung
- Jangga Group's executive director, who secretly plots to usurp CEO Jang. She is a close friend of Park Sung-yeol, father of Park Sae-ro-yi, which made her willing to ally with Sae-ro-yi against Dae-hee.
- Hong Seo-joon as Mr. Kim
- Jang Dae-hee's right-hand man. He is very loyal to his boss.
- Yoo Da-mi as Kim Sun-ae
- Jang Dae-hee's secretary and Kang Min-jung’s spy.
- Sae-royi's investment manager. Ho-jin was Sae-ro-yi, Soo-ah and Geun-won's classmate in high school. After years of bearing the constant bullying from Geun-won, he gets into a prestigious college and takes up business administration. He partners up with Sae-ro-yi in taking revenge against Geun-won and CEO Jang. In 2020, he becomes the financial manager for Sae-ro-yi's company IC Group. In one of the flashback scene when he visited Sae-ro-yi in prison; he listed Sae-ro-yi as a friend.
- Yi-seo's mother, who disapproves of Yi-seo quitting college and working at Danbam. She also did not have a good impression of Sae-ro-yi at first but eventually consents to her daughter's relationship with him.
- Detective in charge of Geun-won's hit-and-run case which he was pressured to cover up. He quit his job after the case and is now one of Sae-ro-yi's suppliers.
- Choi Yu-ri as Oh Hye-won
- Oh Byeong-heon's daughter, who is oblivious to Sae-ro-yi's connection with her father.
- To-ni's Korean paternal grandmother. After her son's death, she deeply regrets disapproving of her son's marriage to a Guinean woman (To-ni's mother), as it caused her son to run away. She is a loan shark who offers her services to Sae-ro-yi when he moves his bar to a new location. She was also one of the first supporters of Jangga.
- Won Hyun-joon as Kim Hee-hoon
- Sae-ro-yi's former cellmate and a leader of a group of gangsters. Though initially cordial to both Sae-ro-yi and Choi Seung-kwon, he later allies himself with Jang Geun-won to kidnap Yi-seo and Geun-soo.
- Han Hye-ji as Kook Bok-hee
- Yi-seo and Geun-soo's former classmate. Her bullying activities were exposed after Yi-seo recorded her performing the act, which publicly humiliated her. After running into Yi-seo months later, she attempted to assault her for ruining her reputation alongside her friends, only to be beaten down by Yi-seo.
- A student who had a crush on Sae-ro-yi and had her confession rejected by him.
- Sae-ro-yi's father and former employee in Jangga Group. He taught Sae-ro-yi to stick to his beliefs and to fight for what is right. He resigned from Jangga in defense of Sae-ro-yi's deed of stopping Geun-won's bullying. He died in an accident caused by Geun-won.
- Soo-ah's acquaintance and TV celebrity. He works at a bar that Sae-ro-yi visits twice (years before and after opening DanBam). They meet again after Sae-ro-yi moves the location of his bar.
- Geun-soo's elder friend who goes to DanBam with Geun-soo and Yi-seo where the two get caught for underage drinking.
- Mother of Bok-hee, whose behavior was exposed online by Yi-seo.
- One of Bok-hee's friends. She, alongside Bok-hee and her friend, attempted to assault Yi-seo after running into each other months after high school graduation.
- Jung Yoo-min as Seo Jeong-In (Ep. 6)
- The daughter of the CEO of a pharmaceutical company and Geun-won's blind date. The blind date was arranged by Geun-won's father.
- Sae-ro-yi's acquaintance. She applied for the job that was eventually offered to Kim To-ni. Yi-seo rejected her application out of jealousy of her and Sae-ro-yi's close relationship.
- Kim Il-joong as himself (Ep. 11 & 13)
- Host of the cooking program show The Best Pub.
- CEO of the investment firm Jungmyung Holdings. He offers Sae-ro-yi to franchise DanBam. Later he was one of the sleeper agent for Dae Hee to thwart Sae-ro-yi plan to franchise DanBam.
- A contestant on The Best Pub. He represents Jangga Group as the head cook and comes in second to Hyun-yi during the final. He subsequently gets fired.
- The new chef at Soo-ah's restaurant in which Hong Seok-cheon invested after he passed the job interview.
|Itaewon Class: Original Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||March 20, 2020|
|Label||Vlending Co., Ltd.|
Itaewon Class: Original Soundtrack
The drama's soundtrack is compiled in a four-part album released on March 20, 2020. CDs 1 and 2 contain the drama's theme songs and their instrumental versions, while CDs 3 and 4 contain the drama's musical score. The following lists are the track listings for the online streaming version of the album.
|1.||"You Make Me Back"||Kim Jin-hoon||Woosung (The Rose)||3:15|
|2.||"Start Over" (시작[b])||Seo Dong-sung||Park Sung-il||Gaho||3:20|
|3.||"Still Fighting It"||Ben Folds||Ben Folds||Lee Chan-sol||5:20|
|5.||"Our Souls at Night" (우리의 밤[c])||Lee Chi-hoon||Park Sung-il||Sondia||4:44|
|6.||"No Break" (직진[d])||Lee Chi-hoon||Park Sung-il||The Vane||2:53|
|7.||"Someday, The Boy" (그때 그 아인)||Seo Dong-sung||Park Sung-il||Kim Feel||4:48|
|8.||"You Make Me Back" (Inst.)||Kim Jin-hoon||3:15|
|9.||"Start Over" (Inst.)||Park Sung-il||3:20|
|10.||"Still Fighting It" (Inst.)||Ben Folds||5:20|
|11.||"Our Souls at Night" (Inst.)||Park Sung-il||4:44|
|12.||"No Break" (Inst.)||Park Sung-il||2:53|
|13.||"Someday, The Boy" (Inst.)||Park Sung-il||4:48|
|1.||"Diamond" (돌덩이[f])||Park Sung-il||Ha Hyun-woo (Guckkasten)||3:29|
|2.||"Sweet Night"||V (BTS)||3:34|
|3.||"Say"||Park Sung-il||Yoon Mi-rae||4:20|
|4.||"Are We Just Friends?" (우린 친구뿐일까)||Seo Dong-sung||Park Sung-il||Sondia||3:48|
|5.||"No Words" (어떤 말도)||Kwon Young-chan||Hong So-jin||Crush||4:31|
|7.||"Brand New Way"||Damon||Park Sung-il||Damon||2:52|
|8.||"Diamond" (Inst.)||Park Sung-il||3:29|
|9.||"Sweet Night" (Inst.)||3:34|
|10.||"Say" (Inst.)||Park Sung-il||4:20|
|11.||"Are We Just Friends?" (Inst.)||Park Sung-il||3:48|
|12.||"No Words" (Inst.)||Hong So-jin||4:31|
|13.||"With Us" (Inst.)||4:17|
|1.||"Itaewon Class" (이태원 클라쓰)||Kim Joon-suk||3:54|
|2.||"I Wanted to be a Policeman" (제 꿈은 경찰이었습니다)||Noh Yoo-rim||3:07|
|3.||"I Have a 15-Year Plan, Brace Yourself" (내 계획은 15년 짜리니까 기대해라)||Goo Bon-choon||3:42|
|4.||"DanBam Kitchen" (단밤 주방)||Kim Jung-wan||3:12|
|5.||"IQ 162, City Girl" (IQ162 도시여자)||Kim Hyun-do||2:43|
|6.||"That's My Goal" (그게 내 목표야)||Shim Hee-jin||1:55|
|7.||"Sociopath" (소시오패스)||Goo Bon-choon||1:51|
|8.||"The Story" (사연)||Noh Yoo-rim||3:05|
|9.||"I'm Always Grateful" (난 늘 고마운 마음뿐이야)||Jung Hye-bin||3:05|
|10.||"A New Morning" (새로운 아침)||Kim Tae-jin||2:11|
|11.||"My Bittersweet Night" (쓰린 밤이... 내 삶이 달달했으면)||Park Hye-min||1:57|
|12.||"Crush" (짝사랑)||Shim Hee-jin||2:42|
|13.||"Operation" (도모)||Kim Joon-suk||3:29|
|14.||"You think you can act like a jock only because you're the son of a billionaire?" (재벌 2세면 양아치 짓 해도 되는 거냐?)||Son Sung-rak||2:14|
|15.||"Tragedy of Success" (성공이라는 비극)||Kim Hyun-do||3:37|
|16.||"The Winner Takes It All" (약육강식)||Noh Yoo-rim||2:58|
|17.||"I Am The Powerful Ruler" (나는 권위적인 사람이야)||Son Sung-rak||2:08|
|18.||"The Beginning of Revenge" (복수의 시작)||Shim Hee-jin||3:05|
|19.||"You Can't Do This to Me" (넌 나한테 이러면 안 돼)||Goo Bon-choon||2:31|
|20.||"Unforgettable Past" (잊을 수 없는 과거)||Kim Hyun-do||2:13|
|21.||"Don't Feel Sorry When Eating Pork or Chicken" (돼지나 닭을 먹을 때 미안한 마음은 갖지 마라)||Shin Yoo-jin||2:32|
|22.||"I Will be Stronger" (저는 더욱더 강해지겠습니다)||Kim Joon-suk||2:34|
|23.||"False Tears" (거짓 눈물)||Shin Yoo-jin||2:35|
|24.||"It’s All For Jangga Co.'s Sake" (모든 건 장家를 위해서)||Goo Bon-choon||3:10|
|25.||"A Hit-And-Run" (뺑소니 사건)||Son Sung-rak||2:17|
|2.||"Impressive Day" (인상적인 하루)||3:00|
|3.||"His Night" (이 남자의 밤)||2:50|
|4.||"A Word of Love" (사랑한단 말)||3:48|
|5.||"You Are Always Shining Too Bright To Me" (넌 나한테 항상 지나치게 빛나)||3:13|
|6.||"I'm Going To Crush You All" (내가 다 부숴버릴 거야)||3:04|
|7.||"It's Still Bitter" (아직 씁니다)||4:26|
|8.||"I Don't Mind That You Don't Feel The Same Way" (보답받지 못하는 마음이라도)||2:52|
|9.||"It's Funny I'm Feeling This Way At My Age" (이 나이에 이런 감정)||2:48|
|10.||"IC Inc." (주식회사 IC)||2:59|
|11.||"Truth Game" (진실게임)||3:15|
|12.||"I Look Forward To It, Partner" (잘 부탁한다, 파트너)||2:39|
|13.||"I've Changed Quite a Lot" (난 꽤나 많이 변했어)||2:48|
|14.||"I Don't Have To Convince Others About Who I Am" (내가 나인 것에 다른 사람의 납득은 필요 없다)||3:31|
|15.||"You Have No Idea How Proud I Was" (얼마나 자랑스러운 아들이냐)||2:40|
|16.||"All You Need Is One Word" (그냥 말 한마디면 돼요)||2:02|
|17.||"How Does It Taste?" (술맛이 어떠냐?)||2:20|
|18.||"Still We Are" (여전히 우린)||2:12|
|19.||"We Can Do It" (우리는 된다)||2:59|
|20.||"Fresh Start" (새로운 시작)||2:44|
|21.||"I Want To Know More About You" (난 니가 궁금해)||1:53|
|22.||"So why can't the earth just explode so this can all end?" (차라리 지구가 터져버렸으면 좋겠다)||2:11|
|23.||"Because I'm Korean" (저 한국 사람인데요)||1:35|
|24.||"An Unreasonable World" (불합리한 세상)||1:21|
|25.||"All Invested In Jangga" (전부 장가에 투자해)||Shin Yoo-jin||2:59|
|26.||"Tenacity, Bravado" (고집, 객기)||Shim Hee-jin||2:34|
|"Start Over" (시작) (Gaho)||2020||1||Part 2|||
|"Diamond" (돌덩이) (Ha Hyun-woo (Guckkasten))||4||Part 3|||
|"Someday, the Boy" (그때 그 아인) (Kim Feel)||3||Part 6|
|"Say" (Yoon Mi-rae)||63||Part 8|||
|"No Words" (어떤 말도) (Crush)||76||Part 11|
|"Sweet Night" (V)||14||Part 12|
Itaewon Class' final episode recorded a 16.548% nationwide audience share, making it the third-highest viewership rating in JTBC and the eighth highest rated drama in Korean cable television history.
Time Magazine included Itaewon Class on its list of "The 10 Best Korean Dramas to Watch on Netflix" and Forbes included the series on its list of "The 13 Best Korean Dramas Of 2020". The Guardian also mentioned the drama in an article recommending Korean dramas to watch after finishing Squid Game. Google Trends revealed that the series was the first most searched drama/entertainment program of 2020 and the fourth most searched domestic term of 2020 in South Korea.
Awards and nominations
|2020||56th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Director (TV)||Kim Seong-yoon||Nominated|||
|Best Actor (TV)||Park Seo-joon||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor (TV)||Yoo Jae-myung||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress (TV)||Kwon Nara||Nominated|
|Best New Actor (TV)||Ahn Bo-hyun||Nominated|
|Best New Actress (TV)||Kim Da-mi||Won|
|Technical Award||Park Sung-il (Music)||Nominated|
|4th Soribada Best K-Music Awards||Best Hallyu OST||Gaho ("Start Over")||Won|||
|15th Seoul International Drama Awards||Best Mini Series - Silver Bird Prize||Itaewon Class||Won|||
|2020 Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best OST||Gaho ("Start Over")||Won|||
|Song of the Year||Nominated|
|2021||25th Asian Television Awards||Best Drama Series||Itaewon Class||Won|||
|7th APAN Star Awards||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Park Seo-joon||Nominated|||
|Drama of the Year||Itaewon Class||Won|
|Best New Actor||Ahn Bo-hyun||Nominated|
|Best New Actress||Kim Da-mi||Nominated|
|Popular Star Award, Actress||Nominated|
|Popular Star Award, Actor||Park Seo-joon||Nominated|
|Best OST||V ("Sweet Night")||Won|
|30th Seoul Music Awards||OST Award||Gaho ("Start Over")||Nominated|||
|Ha Hyun-woo ("Diamond")||Nominated|
|Kim Feel ("Someday, The Boy")||Nominated|
|Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards||Excellence Award||Itaewon Class||Won|||
|Ep.||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|1||January 31, 2020||4.983%||5.283%|
|2||February 1, 2020||5.330%||5.634%|
|3||February 7, 2020||8.013%||8.253%|
|4||February 8, 2020||9.382%||10.692%|
|5||February 14, 2020||10.716%||11.986%|
|6||February 15, 2020||11.608%||12.636%|
|7||February 21, 2020||12.289%||13.215%|
|8||February 22, 2020||12.562%||13.990%|
|9||February 28, 2020||13.965%||14.903%|
|10||February 29, 2020||14.760%||16.160%|
|11||March 6, 2020||13.798%||15.496%|
|12||March 7, 2020||13.398%||14.817%|
|13||March 13, 2020||13.101%||14.344%|
|14||March 14, 2020||14.197%||15.568%|
|15||March 20, 2020||14.661%||16.012%|
|16||March 21, 2020||16.548%||18.328%|
- Acquired by JTBC Studios in 2020
- Lit. "Start"
- Lit. "Our Night"
- Lit. "Straight"
- The song "Start Over" by Chris Lyon, who played the character Kim To-ni in the drama, is included in the physical CD album version as the 8th track. All succeeding tracks are renumbered accordingly.
CD 2 (CD version) No. Title Lyrics Music Artist Length 8. "Start Over" Damon Park Sung-il Chris Lyon
- Lit. "Stone Block"
- Performed by band member Chae Bo-hoon
- JTBC콘텐츠허브 사명 JTBC스튜디오로... 글로벌 스튜디오 체제 확장
- Gwang, Jin. "Itaewon Class". Daum Webtoon (in Korean). Retrieved February 1, 2020.
- Yeon, Hwi-seon (July 18, 2019). "박서준X김다미X유재명, JTBC '이태원 클라쓰' 출연 확정 [공식]". Osen (in Korean). Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- MacDonald, Joan (February 1, 2020). "In 'Itaewon Class' Park Seo-joon Defies Injustice And Does Life His Way". Forbes. Retrieved February 6, 2020.
- Choi, Ji-won (January 30, 2020). "Park Seo-joon to show perfect sync with original webcomic in 'Itaewon Class'". The Korea Herald. Retrieved February 7, 2020.
- Monina, Eugenio (January 17, 2021). "The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced". tva.onscreenasia.com.
- Park, Jin-young (January 22, 2021). "'이태원 클라쓰', 아시안텔레비전어워즈 작품상…JTBC 3년 연속". joynews24.
- Kim, Joon-seok (July 18, 2019). "박서준, JTBC '이태원 클라쓰' 출연 확정…안방극장 컴백[공식]". Sports Chosun (in Korean). Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Kim, Na-gyeong (July 18, 2019). "'이태원 클라쓰' 박서준X김다미X유재명, 클래스 다른 퍼펙트 라인업 완성". Hei Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Hwang, So-young (July 18, 2019). "유재명, JTBC '이태원클라쓰' 주연확정…박서준과 대립각[공식]". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Shim, Eon-gyeong (June 25, 2019). "권나라 측 "'이태원 클라쓰' 출연, 제안 받고 검토 중"[공식입장]". Osen (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved July 20, 2019.
- Hong, Se-young (September 10, 2019). "김동희 '이태원 클라쓰' 출연확정, 박서준·유재명과 호흡 [공식입장]". Sports Donga (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Kim, Soo-kyung (February 16, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 류경수, 언제 어디서나 '새로이 바라기'". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Woo, Bin (November 5, 2019). "이주영, '이태원 클라쓰' 마현이 役 합류…은발로 파격 변신". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Kim, Bo-young (February 21, 2020). "크리스 라이언, '이태원 클라쓰' 6번째 멤버로 힙한 등장…활약 기대↑". Edaily (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Jo, Sung-woon (February 18, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 안보현, 원작 싱크로율 100% '물 만난 연기력'". Sports Donga (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Shin, Ji-won (February 22, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 김혜은X박서준,팽팽한 기싸움에 긴장감 최고조". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Oh, Ji-eun (February 6, 2020). "홍서준, 탄엔터와 전속계약... '검사내전'-'이태원 클라쓰'로 열일 행보(공식입장)". Zenith News (in Korean). Retrieved February 23, 2020.
- Operation Team (January 31, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 유재명 비서 된 유다미, 첫 방송 앞두고 대본 인증샷". JoongAng Ilbo Co. (in Korean). Retrieved February 23, 2020.
- Park, Jung-sun (February 22, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 이다윗, 학교 폭력 피해자→펀드 매니저..사이다 변신". JoongAng Ilbo Co. (in Korean). Retrieved February 23, 2020.
- Kim, Na-kyung (February 8, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 김여진, 조이서 소시오패스 만든 '현실조언'". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Lee, Gun-hwi (February 1, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 박서준, 경찰에 연행.."쏘세요"". Star News (in Korean). Retrieved February 23, 2020.
- Na, Geum-joo (February 28, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 박서준·김혜은, 유재명 미행 사실 알았다". Xports News (in Korean). Retrieved February 29, 2020.
- Kim, Na-kyung (February 23, 2020). "'이태원클라스' 김미경, 일수 명함 휘날리며 강렬한 첫 등장". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 23, 2020.
- Choi, Ji-yoon (December 3, 2019). "원현준, 제이진아티스트 계약···'이태원클라쓰' 출연". Zum News (in Korean). Retrieved February 29, 2020.
- Park, Soo-in (February 15, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 시청률 12% 돌파, 美친 상승세 불지폈다". Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved February 29, 2020.
- Lee, Joon-hyun (February 1, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 라붐 솔빈, 박서준 짝사랑하는 여고생 특별 출연". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 10, 2020.
- Jung, Hwi-yeon (February 3, 2020). "손현주, '이태원 클라쓰' 특별출연…박서준 父 열연". Sports Donga (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Kim, Ye-eun (August 21, 2019). "[단독] '이태원♥' 홍석천, JTBC '이태원 클라쓰' 특별출연". Xports News (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Kim, Na-kyung (February 8, 2020). "배우 윤박, '이태원 클라쓰'특별출연 특급 활약". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Lee, Ha-na (February 8, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 박서준, 영업정지→안보현 경찰서 대면 '또 위기'(종합)". Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Ji, Min-kyung (February 15, 2020). "앤씨아, '이태원 클라쓰' 깜짝 등장.."좋은 기회로 출연 감사해"". Osen (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Operation Team (February 16, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 악녀 정유민, 안보현 맞선녀로 특별출연!". JTBC News (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Ahn, Tae-hyun (February 16, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 서은수, 깜짝 등장…김다미 질투 유발". News1 (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Park, Hyun-min (March 8, 2020). "김일중 "'이태원 클라스' 출연 영광...박서준 팬"". YTN (in Korean). Retrieved March 8, 2020.
- Bae, Soo-jung (March 6, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 박서준X김다미, 단밤포차 프랜차이즈 추진 투자자로 나타난 전노민에게 50억 불러…성전환 수술 마친 이주영 등장 (2)". Top Star News (in Korean). Retrieved March 15, 2020.
- Lee, Ji-hyun (March 5, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 측 "이준혁 이번주 방송분에 특별출연 한다" [공식]". News Chosun (in Korean). Retrieved March 8, 2020.
- Gong, Mi-na (March 22, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 박보검 깜짝 등장..막방 빛낸 특급 카메오[스타이슈]". Star News (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- Kim, Ha-jin (November 6, 2019). "'이태원 클라쓰' 박서준·김다미·유재명·권나라, 첫 대본 연습 공개…시너지 제대로!". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved December 20, 2019.
- "이태원 클라쓰 OST". Bugs! (in Korean). Retrieved March 23, 2020.
- "Itaewon Class (Original Television Soundtrack)". Spotify. VLending. Retrieved March 23, 2020.
- Lee, Seung-hoon (January 31, 2020). "'슈퍼밴드' 이찬솔, '이태원클라쓰' 첫번째 OST 참여..오늘(31일) 발매". Osen (in Korean). Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- Shin, Ji-won (February 1, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' 두 번째 OST [가호(Gaho) - 시작] 발매". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 6, 2020.
- Park, Se-yeon (February 7, 2020). "하현우 '이태원 클라쓰' OST 참여…박서준 테마 '돌덩이' 7일 발매". MK (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Kim, Na-kyung (February 8, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' OST Part.4 'Sondia-우리의밤'". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- Yu, Byung-chul (February 14, 2020). "더로즈 김우성, '이태원 클라쓰' OST 다섯 번째 주자로 발탁". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 14, 2020.
- Kim, Na-kyung (February 15, 2020). "이태원클라쓰 OST Part. 6 [김필 - 그때 그 아인]". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 15, 2020.
- Lee, Ji-hyun (February 21, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰' OST 7 '우린 친구뿐일까' 오늘(21일) 공개 [공식]". News Chosun (in Korean). Retrieved February 21, 2020.
- Jang, Min-soo (February 22, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰', 윤미래 보컬 OST 'Say' 공개...김다미 테마곡". Single List (in Korean). Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Shin, Ji-won (February 29, 2020). "'이태원 클라쓰', 아홉번째 OST 'With Us' 오늘(29)일 공개". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved February 29, 2020.
- Yoo, Byung-chul (March 6, 2020). "더 베인(채보훈), '이태원 클라쓰' OST 참여…6일 '직진' 발매". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved March 7, 2020.
- Jin, Joo-hee (March 7, 2020). "크러쉬, '이태원 클라쓰' OST 11번째 주자…'어떤 말도' 오늘(7일) 발매". Hankookilbo (in Korean). Retrieved March 7, 2020.
- Park, Pan-seok (March 9, 2020). ""박서준과 인연"..뷔, '이태원클라쓰' OST 자작곡 참여..13일 공개 [공식]". Osen (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved March 9, 2020.
- Kim, Na-kyung (March 14, 2020). "이태원 클라쓰 OST Part. 13 데이먼 – Brand New Way". Hankyung (in Korean). Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- "2020 Week 12 Digital Chart". Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- "2020 Week 13 Digital Chart". Retrieved April 2, 2020.
- Park, Se-yeon (March 22, 2020). "종영 '이태원 클라쓰' 16회 자체 최고 시청률로 '유종의 美'". MK (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- Lee, Gyu-lee (March 22, 2020). "'Itaewon Class' wraps up with a bang". The Korea Times. Retrieved March 22, 2020.
- Moon, Kat (May 12, 2020). "The 10 Best Korean Dramas to Watch on Netflix". TIME.
- MacDonald, Joan (December 11, 2020). "The 13 Best Korean Dramas Of 2020". Forbes.
- "Hooked on Squid Game? Here are 10 of the best K-dramas to watch next". the Guardian. 2021-10-25. Retrieved 2022-02-17.
- "코로나19부터 테슬라 주가까지...구글 트렌드 '2020 올해의 검색어' TOP5". Munhwa News. December 23, 2020.
- Kim, Gwan Sik (December 10, 2020). "구글 검색어 국내 1위 코로나19…n번방, 이태원 클래쓰도 순위권". ditoday.com.
- MacDonald, Joan (May 8, 2020). "Baeksang Arts Awards Announces Nominees And Plans To Proceed Without An Audience". Forbes. Archived from the original on May 10, 2020. Retrieved May 8, 2020.
- "'사랑의 불시착' 현빈X손예진, 나란히 '백상예술대상' 인기 투표 1위". Ten Asia (in Korean). June 3, 2020.
- MacDonald, Joan (June 5, 2020). "2020 Baeksang Arts Awards Honor The Best Korean Dramas And Films". Forbes. Archived from the original on June 5, 2020. Retrieved June 6, 2020.
- ""값진 상 감사" 방탄소년단, '소리바다어워즈' 불참 속 대상 수상(종합)". News1 via Naver (in Korean). August 13, 2020.
- "'Seoul International Drama Awards 2020 Nominees Announcement'". seouldrama.org. Archived from the original on August 7, 2020. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- "Winners Of The Seoul International Drama Awards 2020". soompi.com. September 15, 2020.
- "2020 MAMA Announces Nominees + Voting Begins". soompi.com. October 29, 2020.
- "Winners Of 2020 Mnet Asian Music Awards". soompi.com. December 6, 2020.
- "2020 Nominees - Asian Television Awards". asiantvawards.com.
- APAN Star Awards:
- "Winners Of The 2020 APAN Star Awards". soompi. January 23, 2021.
- "Nominees Revealed For 30th Seoul Music Awards". soompi.com. December 10, 2020.
- "'사랑의 불시착' 2021 방송대상 '대상'". 아이뉴스24 (in Korean). Retrieved September 11, 2021.
- "Nielsen Korea". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). Retrieved August 25, 2020.
- "Nielsen Korea". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). Retrieved August 25, 2020.
- Shin, Jin-ah (April 25, 2022). "SLL·카카오엔터·TV아사히 '이태원 클라쓰' 일본판, 7월 방영" [SLL, Kakao Entertainment, TV Asahi's 'Itaewon Class' Japanese version [to be] aired in July]. Financial News (in Korean). Retrieved May 27, 2022.
- Rahn, Kim (April 25, 2022). "Japanese remake of 'Itaewon Class' to air on TV Asahi in July". The Korea Times. Retrieved July 4, 2022.
- Gyu-lee, Kim (March 25, 2022). "'Itaewon Class' to be remade in Japan". The Korea Times. Retrieved July 4, 2022.
- joycek (February 22, 2021). ""Itaewon Class" to See Taiwanese Adaptation". JayneStars.com. Retrieved July 31, 2022.