|Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Honduras, Peru, Panama, El Salvador and Argentina|
|Ricardo B. Salinas|
Italika is the leading motorcycle brand and manufacturer in Mexico, with 400,000 motorcycles sold in 2014. In 2010, Italika made up 55% of the motorcycle market; in 2011 it reached a 63% market share, largely owing to low initial cost. Italika sold their one-millionth motorcycle on March 23, 2011, and their two-millionth motorcycle on September 5, 2014. Early Italika motorcycles were designed jointly with Hyosung of South Korea and assembled using parts shipped from South Korea and China. Current models, however, are of Mexican design and origin. Italika maintains a motorcycle factory and parts warehouse in Toluca, Mexico, near Mexico City.
The Italika motorcycles are produced mainly for the Mexican market and exported to Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Peru, Brazil and Costa Rica.
Italika makes models of street legal motorcycles
- 90 cc Underbone moped, or step-through motorcycle
- 125 cc Standard Vespa-style scooter
- 125 cc Motorcycle
- 150 cc Standard Motorcycle and a scooter
- 175 cc Standard Vespa-style scooter
- 180 cc Motorcycle
- 200 cc Motorcycle
- 250 cc Standard and Sportbikes, and ATV's
- José Antonio Durán (2014-09-08). "Italika vende su moto 2 millones en México" (in Spanish).
- "Motocicletas Italika celebra su quinto aniversario con 55% de participación de mercado" (in Spanish). 2010-06-01.
- "Quienes somos" (in Spanish).
- "Sálvate del tráfico en dos ruedas" (in Spanish).
- "Official site" (in Spanish).
- Italika's company site
- Italika Largest Motorcycle Brand in Mexico Italika
- Italika Sells One Millionth Motorcycle
|This motorcycle, scooter or moped-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|