Italy Work in Progress
|Split from||Five Star Movement|
|Merged into||The Other Europe|
Italy Work in Progress (Italia Lavori in Corso, ILC) was a centre-left populist political party in Italy, which has been active mainly as a sub-group within the Mixed Group of the Senate. Its leaders were Fabrizio Bocchino and Francesco Campanella.
ILC was launched in May 2014 by nine senators who had left (or had been expelled from) the Five Star Movement (M5S), a populist party which had come first in the 2013 general election, over disagreements with Beppe Grillo's and Gianroberto Casaleggio's leadership. In the following months seven senators left the party.
As of July 2015, the two remaining members of the party, Bocchino and Campanella, showed interest in joining Giuseppe Civati's Possible, along with other former M5S members from Free Alternative, but instead they chose to join The Other Europe, changing the name to their sub-group within the Senate's Mixed Group accordingly .
- "senato.it - Composizione del Gruppo Misto" (in Italian). Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "senato.it - Senato della Repubblica senato.it - Variazioni nei Gruppi parlamentari" (in Italian). Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Due passano all'Idv, altri tre incerti, tanti strizzano l'occhio a Civati. E Alternativa libera...". Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Il Messaggero - Flashnews". Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- ""Nel M5S le posizioni arrivano dall'alto. Adesso interloquiamo con progressisti e democratici". Intervista al senatore Campanella de "L'altra Europa con Tsipras" - Terzo Binario News". 16 July 2015. Retrieved 30 December 2016.