Italy national under-21 football B team
(part of Italian Football Federation)
|Head coach||Massimo Piscedda|
Italy national under-21 football B team is the Italian national football team representative team of Serie B and is controlled by the Lega B. Due to sponsorship reasons, the team was credited as Under-21 Serie B TIM until 2010.
The team is the B team and feeder team of Italy national under-21 football team, which occasionally plays against other nations' under-21 teams. Unlike the main team, the U21 Serie B selected players from Serie B only and was controlled by Lega Calcio (later Lega B) instead of Italian Football Federation (FIGC).
The team also plays against football clubs, Under-20 Lega Pro (selected players from Lega Pro), Serie B Foreigners Best XI, The Football League under-21 team (in 2006) and internal friendlies, which the team split into blue and white team and against each other.
Only matches played against national teams were listed.
- 28 November 2012 Russian First League Selection 0-0 draw
- 22 October 2012 Malta Selection 5-0 
- 15 November 2011 Russian First League Selection 2-1 won
- 25 October 2011 Serbian First League Selection 1-0 won
- 30 March 2011 Serbian First League Selection 2-0 won
- 6 February 2006: Cape Verde (result unknown)
- 17 March 2005: Bosnia and Herzegovina 3-2 won
- 30 March 2004: Belgium 3-2 won
- 12 February 2003: Belgium 2–1 won
- 26 January 2002: Romania 0-0 draw 
The team had same age limit as the Italy U21 team. For 2014–2015 season, players born on or after 1 January 1992 are eligible to play. A feeder team of U21 team, some players were called up to U21 Serie B team before making their débuts for Italy U21.
The teams consist of players loaned to Serie B from Serie A clubs, youth products of Serie B and young talents signed by Serie B clubs from Lega Pro. Some players are scouted by Serie A clubs after good performances in Serie B.
Players who won full caps or received a call-up for Italy senior team
- Andrea Barzagli (b. 1981)
- Salvatore Bocchetti (b. 1986)
- Leonardo Bonucci (b. 1987)
- Mattia Cassani (b. 1983)
- Andrea Esposito (b. 1986)
- Daniele Gastaldello (b. 1983)
- Christian Maggio (b. 1982)
- Cristian Molinaro (b. 1983)
- Simone Pepe (b. 1983)
- Giacomo Bonaventura (b. 1989)
- http://www.legaserieb.it/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=6c35d10a-42fa-42b5-b4ee-9f80ca4c6803&groupId=115051[permanent dead link]
- http://www.legaserieb.it/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=d56fbe2e-80c5-47e9-8032-1746236c514a&groupId=115051[permanent dead link]
- "COMUNICATO STAMPA N. 39 (2011–12 season): B Italia espugna anche la Russia" (PDF). Lega Serie B (in Italian). 15 November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 October 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "BITALIA VINCE IN SERBIA: 1-0". Lega Serie B (in Italian). 25 October 2011. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- "Archived copy" Серија Б Италије - Прва лига Србије 2:0 (1:0). Football Association of Serbia (FSS) (in Serbian). 31 March 2011. Archived from the original on 4 July 2011. Retrieved 4 April 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Andrea Abodi. (28 March 2011). "Gara amichevole internazionale B Italia vs B Serbia". Serie B. Communicato ufficiale N. 84 del 28 marzo 2011 (in Italian). Lega Nazionale Professionisti Serie B. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- Di Ragogna, Dante (18 March 2005). "L' Italia si diverte Brilla Vantaggiato". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "Grieco in extremis In Belgio è vittoria". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 31 March 2004. Retrieved 24 June 2010.
- Lulli, Sandro (13 February 2003). "Baù, Budel e Antonini, il trio Milan batte il Belgio". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 18 August 2010.
- "Under di serie B, un ritorno senza reti Marini soddisfatto: «Bene la difesa»". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 27 January 2002. Retrieved 7 November 2010.