From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Hubs||Manas International Airport|
Accidents and inccidents
Iran Aseman Airlines Flight 6895
Main article: Iran Aseman Airlines Flight 6895
- On 24 August 2008, a Boeing 737-200, owned and operated by Itek Air (a Kyrgyz company) on a charter flight for Iran Aseman Airlines, flight 6895, crashed near Manas International Airport in Bishkek, the capital city of Kyrgyzstan, while attempting an emergency landing, returning to the airport of origin, 10 minutes after departure. Sixty-eight people were killed and 22 people survived the crash.
The fleet consisted of the following aircraft:
The registration of the aircraft were EX-127, EX-311 and EX-009. The last one crashed near Bishkek on 24 August 2008.
- (Russian) Polyot-Sirena Flight schedule
- (Russian) Itek Air website Расписание рейсов
- "LIST OF AIR CARRIERS OF WHICH ALL OPERATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A BAN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY" (PDF). European Union Transport commission. 24 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- "65 dead in Kyrgyz air crash". sify.com. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- "Itek Air". ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Itek Air.|
|This article about transport in Kyrgyzstan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|