Ithaca College Television
|Ithaca, New York|
|Slogan||your choice. your channel.|
|Channels||Analog: 16 (TW Cable)
Digital: 97-5 (TW Cable)
|Call letters' meaning||Ithaca College
|Former callsigns||WICB-TV (1958-86)
Ithaca College Television (ICTV) is Ithaca College's student television channel. Founded in 1958 as the first student-run cable television station, ICTV provides original, student-produced programming to approximately 26,000 households in Tompkins County, New York  through Time Warner Cable . Additionally, ICTV offers a livestream of its programming on its website, ICTV.org, along with on-demand episodes from past and present shows.
ICTV cablecasts on Time Warner local educational access on channel 16 (Analog) and channel 97-5 (Digital). The channel programs twelve-week seasons during the fall and spring semesters, Sundays through Thursdays from 6:30pm-11pm. When ICTV is not broadcasting original content, a live view of Cayuga Lake is transmitted and 91.7 WICB is played.
Ithaca College Television was created to provide community-oriented public affairs and entertainment programming to the Ithaca-area cable audience. Since almost all programming on ICTV is student-initiated, any semester’s productions depend upon the interests of the active participants. Currently, ICTV has five branches of programming - News, Sports, Entertainment, Original Series, and Podcasts. Re-introduced to ICTV in Spring 2014, Special Projects focuses on bringing live and non-traditional programming to ICTV. Projects include event coverage, student films, and extended sports and news packages. ICTV Shorts can now be found under Original Series. Though it varies from semester to semester, each ICTV semester features between 15 to 20 productions.
ICTV is a student television station led by a thirteen-person Executive Staff. Positions include Station Manager, Director of Programming, Director of Development, Director of Technical Operations, Associate Director of Technical Operations, Digital Media Manager, Director of Web Development, Director of On-Air Promotions, Director of Publicity, Master Control Supervisor, News Director, Sports Director, and Entertainment Director. ICTV also has two faculty advisors - Chris Wheatley, Ithaca College's Manager of TV and Radio Operations, and Paul Stanion, Studio Manager and God Among Men.
All ICTV programs are student-led, with two or three producers per show. Each production team consists of 15 to 40 students.
At the start of the Fall and Spring semesters, ICTV holds a "Recruitment Night" to kick off each new ICTV season (which lasts for a semester). Students are briefly introduced to the productions for the upcoming semester through a video created by the ICTV Executive Staff. After getting an idea of which shows most interest them, students are free to explore their options and talk with current producers and sign up for as many shows as desired. ICTV's twelve-week season begins a few weeks after Recruitment Night and ends during the last week of classes.
At the end of the Spring semester, i.e. every academic year, ICTV holds its annual Just Desserts ceremony. This ceremony serves as a send-off for graduating seniors, an awards ceremony for producers and programs, and a celebration of the year's achievements.
ICTV currently has the following television programs in production:
- After Hours with Alex Cammy - Looking for a late night TV fix? Charmer Alex Cammy talks pop culture and current events, interviews guests, and showcases talented performers after hours on ICTV.
- Bombers Live - Bombers Live is your exclusive way to watch Ithaca College basketball and other sports. Don't miss a second of action when the Bombers are home, as we'll provide live coverage and in-depth analysis.
- The Big Red Faceoff - The Big Red Faceoff is your source for everything Cornell Hockey! Big Red Faceoff provides you with highlights, analysis, and exclusive interviews for the Big Red's Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Team.
- Couples Clash - Each week two teams of two will put their friendships and relationships to the test through knowledge-based and physical challenges as they battle it out for the grand prize!
- The Director's Chair - The Director's Chair is ICTV's only show for everything about student filmmaking. Get the latest news, meet the crews, and watch exclusive behind-the-scenes look at student productions. You're in "The Director's Chair".
- E16 - Get all the latest celebrity news, dirt, and gossip on ICTV's only source for Hollywood news, Entertainment 16! Every week we cover the latest in movie, television, and music news and of course all the celebrity slip-ups and scandals. Stay fabulously informed with all the fame and glamour on ICTV's e16!
- Fake Out - Fake Out is ICTV's longest running game show! In this game where B.S. is at its best, it's the contestant's job to figure out which one of our liars is telling the truth! The contestant with the most points at the end of the game is our winner! Be sure to check us out on Facebook for even more behind the scenes action.
- Game Over - Game Over is ICTV's one stop for Geek Culture. We review video games, comics, and toys as well as bring you news from the geek world.
- Hold That Thought - Hold That Thought is ICTV’s sports debate show. Every Monday night, our panelists break down the biggest sports stories at the local, collegiate, and professional level and YOU vote on twitter for whom you think should win each week and return for the following week’s episode.
- The Ivies - The Ivies is a 4 part dramedy revolving around Paige, a quirky journalism major, who decides to write a tell all article about the school's most elite all-girls honor society: The Ivies. Lead by their fearless president Serena, The Ivies are beautiful, popular and powerful - but might be hiding a thing or two.
- Newswatch 16 - Covering Ithaca and ALL of Tompkins County, the Emmy award-winning Newswatch 16 is Tompkins County's ONLY local news program. ICTV's Newswatch 16 gives you all of your news, sports and weather from New York state and around the world.
- The RoundTable - Join in on the conversation at The RoundTable! Our bi-weekly news commentary highlights news from "every angle" and creates a space where YOUR voice matters!
- The Screening Room - "The Screening Room" is ICTV's long-running movie review show. Each week, two reviewers critique and give their grades to recently released Hollywood films, as well as their DVD recommendations. So be sure to sit back, relax, and butter up that popcorn...because you're about to enter "The Screening Room."
- Sautéed - We're bringing mom's cooking to your (college) home away from home!
- Sports Final - A breakdown of the week that was in Tompkins County Sports. Covering everything from Cornell to Ithaca College and every high school in the area. Sports Final has everything you need to stay up to date on the local sports scene.
Current ICTV Podcasts include:
- The Asman and Budick Show - Jake Asman and Dan Budick break down the latest in sports and discuss the latest happenings in the entertainment industry every week.
- the rEcap - Carly Miller and Erin McClory bring you the podcast the recaps everything in Entertainment news!
- SE16 - SE16 is a podcast that looks at sports and current events through a lens of humor and fun. Feel like you're in a casual dorm room conversation with Jonah, Matt, and Steve, as they dive into the world of sports and entertainment weekly.
ICTV's archives hold fifty plus years of original ICTV programs, some of which can be found on ICTV's website. Listed below are some notable programs from ICTV's past:
Based on the hit MTV shows Laguna Beach and The Hills, IVY was the most recent show to gain significant attention at ICTV.  The new comedy was the first ICTV show to take place entirely at Cornell University. Praised for its unique visual design and effective parody of reality TV-style shows, IVY became a major hit not only at Ithaca College and Cornell University, but throughout the entire Ivy League as well. After the first season premiered, Ivy was recognized on several blogs       , and even The Cornell Daily Sun , which wrote an article about the show.
One show that generated excitement outside of the Ithaca community was The Race, a reality series inspired by the hit CBS show, The Amazing Race. The Race won several awards and was recognized on various reality TV websites and blogs. It aired for two seasons in 2007.
Throughout its history, ICTV has won many awards. Some of the station's most notable wins are:
2012 BEA Festival of Media Arts: Student Video Awards Las Vegas, NV – April 2012
- Third Place, Studio (Multi-Camera or Live-to-Tape) Pop Quiz, Tournament of Champions
Society of Professional Journalists Mark of Excellence, 2012
- Third Place, Region 1 Newswatch 16
2011 The Collegiate Broadcasters Inc. 2011 National Student Production Awards, Orlando, FL – October 2011
- Finalist, Best Comedy ”To A Pulp” produced by Joe Killeen and Nate Breton
- Finalist, Best Promo ”ICTV–It’s Everywhere” produced by Nick Righi
- Finalist, Best PSA ”Take Back the Tap” produced by Nick Righi and Erik Keto
- Finalist, Best Sportscast ”Hold That Thought” produced by Alex Haubenstock and Jason Rickel
- Finalist, Best Documentary/Public Affairs ”Invading the Everglades” produced by Nick Righi
Society of Professional Journalists Mark of Excellence Providence, RI – March 2011
- Winner, Region 1 Newswatch 16
- Winner, Best Regularly Scheduled Local News Program Newswatch 16
- Winner, Best News Story Newswatch 16: “Best Shooting in Ithaca”
- Society of Professional Journalists Mark of Excellence Third Place, Region 1 Newswatch 16
2009 The Collegiate Broadcasters Inc. 2009 National Student Production Awards
- Winner, Best Sportscast: ”Sports Final” produced by Jodi Eisenberg, Dana Matson, Kevin Cartini, and Matt McLaughlin. Sports director: Tom Wrede
- Winner, Best Newscast: ”Newswatch 16″ produced by Becky Goodling. News Director: Bryan Mercer.
- Finalist, Best Student Media Web Site: ICTV.org
- Finalist, Best General Entertainment Program: ”Entertainment 16″ Produced by Andrea Teplitsky, Mariel Rubin, and Faryn Shiro
- Finalist, Best Promo: ICTV.org, produced by Matt Baldovsky
- Finalist, Best Live Sports Production (two finalists): ”Bombers Football vs. Frostburg State” produced by Allison Gainza and Ryan Boyce; “Bombers Women’s Basketball vs. Stevens” produced by Allison Gainza and Jodi Eisenberg
- Finalist, Best Special Broadcast: ”ICTV 50th Anniversary” produced by Stu Kenny
Education Campus Television Administrators (AHECTA) 2009
- Grand Prize, “Busking the Big Apple” produced by Chris Cucci, Chris Burt, and Sarah Justine Woodhouse
New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association Awards – College Television Competition
- First Place, “Newswatch 16″ produced by Becky Goodling. News Director: Brian Mercer
The ICTV website provides full length episodes of your favorite Ithaca College Television shows, past and present. There is also a daily schedule with the names and times of each show, along with links to connect you with ICTV through various social media sites. You can find additional information about productions, as well as the most up to date cast and crew lists. The ICTV website also provides live streaming broadcast of ICTV from 6:30pm to 11:00pm Sunday through Thursday. There is information about the Ithaca College Television Executive Staff, as well as an archive of awards won by various ICTV productions in the past. Contact information is also available on this site.