Ithu Thaanda Police
|Ithu Thanda Police|
|Directed by||Manoj Palodan|
|Produced by||Elu Films|
|Music by||Sumesh Parameswaran|
|Cinematography||Hari Nair ISC|
|Distributed by||Elu Films|
Ithu Thaanda Police (English:This is Police, previously known as Driver on Duty) is a 2016 Malayalam film directed by debutant director Manoj Palodan. It stars Asif Ali in the lead role alongside Abhirami, Janani Iyer, Sajitha Madathil and Sruthi Lakshmi. The story revolves around the life of a lone male police officer as the driver of eleven female officers, inspired by Asia's first women's police station, inaugurated in 1973 in Kozhikode. The film's shoot started on 7 July 2014, in Thodupuzha.
- Asif Ali as Ramakrishnan
- Janani Iyer as Niya Menon
- Abhirami as Arundhati Varma
- Sajitha Madathil as Lathika
- Sruthi Lakshmi as Mumthas
- Krishna Praba as Annamma
- Neena Kurup as Elsamma
- Sneha Sreekumar as Tintu
- Amit Kumar Vashisth as Musafir
- Sunil Sukhada as Xavier
- Sudheer Karamana as CI Razzak Hussain
- Thampi Antony as Mukunthan Menon
- Irshad as SP
- Sethulakshmi as Lady at bus
- Baiju VK as Havildar
- Shaju as Chettiyar
- Thodupuzha Vasanthy as Arundathi's Grandmother
- Pradeep Kottayam as Rasheed
- Ullas Panthalam as Vakkeel
Asif Ali was signed to play the lead role, police jeep driver Ramakrishnan, with the actor saying that he was living the role since he was the only male actor among an all-woman cast. Ramya Krishnan was supposed to play the role of the sub-inspector Arundhati Varma, but she had to opt out due to date issued and was replaced by Abhirami.
|Ithu Thanda Police|
|Soundtrack album by Sumesh Parameshwar|
|Released||9 February 2016|
|1||Vayya Vayya||Santhosh Varma||Arun|
|2||Naadu Kaakkum||Rafeeq Ahammed||Resmi Sateesh, Haritha Balakrishnan|
|3||Othe Othe||Santhosh Varma||Anna Katharina|
|4||Kathilore nadham||Vijay Yesudas|
- "Janani Iyer all set to romance Asif, again!". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 29 June 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- Vijay George (21 August 2014). "Coping with duty". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Driver on Duty shoot progresses". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "I look cute and innocent, they say, and then give me scary characters". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-08-30. Retrieved 2015-04-09.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|