|(what is this?)|
Mechanism of action
It selectively targets CD6, a pan T cell marker involved in co-stimulation, adhesion and maturation of T cells. Itolizumab, by binding to CD6, down regulates T cell activation, causes reduction in synthesis of pro-inflammatory cytokines and possibly plays an important role by reducing T cell infiltration at sites of inflammation.
A double blind, placebo controlled, phase III treat –Plaq study of itolizumab successfully met the pre-specified primary end-point of significant improvement in PASI-75 (Psoriasis Area and Severity Index) score after 12 weeks of treatment in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis compared to placebo.
- Jayaramun K (December 2013). "Biocon's first-in-class anti-CD6 mAb reaches the market". Nat. Biotechnol. 31 (12). United Kingdom. pp. 1062–3.
- "India prepares to test Itolizumab, the drug credited for lowering Covid mortality in Cuba". May 30, 2020.
- "Biocon Receives Marketing Authorization for its Novel Biologic Itolizumab for Psoriasis" (PDF). Biocon Limited. 8 January 2013.
- Urs A. "Biocon's test shows positive results for Itolizumab". @businessline.
- "Biocon's psoriasis drug, Itolizumab receives DCGI marketing authorization". Pharmabiz.com. India: Saffron Media. January 8, 2013.
- "Biocon's Itolizumab approved for COVID-19 treatment: All you need to know". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2020-07-14.
|This monoclonal antibody–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This antineoplastic or immunomodulatory drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|