Itu, Akwa Ibom
|State||Akwa Ibom State|
|• Chairman||Fortune Archibong Umoh|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (WAT)|
Itu is located in the south east of Nigeria and is a Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. The Local Government Area occupies a landmass of approximately 606.1 0 square kilometres. It is bounded in the North and North-East by Odukpani in Cross River State and Arochukwu in Abia State, in the West by Ibiono Ibom and Ikono Local Government Areas, in the South and SouthEast by Uyo and Uruan Local Government Areas, respectively.
National Assembly Representative
Hon. Henry Okon Archibong
Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Representative
HRH Edidem Edet Akpan Inyang
- Hon. Barr. Etetim Akpabio Onuk
Politics in Itu is dominated by the people from the central part of Ibiaku Itam, with the highly endorsed political party being PDP (Peoples Democratic Party)
Notable people from Itu
Itu has produced many prominent people for Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria as a whole, including:-
- ACP Ebong Eyibio Ebong - A serving Assistant Commissioner in the Nigeria Police Force. He is the officer in Charge of Nigeria's Elite Counter Terrorism Unit Training School in Rivers State.
- Obong (Navy Captain) Edet Akpan Archibong - Military Governor of Cross River State from Jan 1984 - May 1984
- Obong (Elder) John Sam Ituh - Served as a Chief Superintendent of Police in Charge of Uyo Division of then South Eastern State from 1970 to 1973. He was a committed member of the state council of chiefs, community leader and politician.
- Akan E. Okon - A Seasoned Banker and Commissioner for Finance
- Nsikak-Jeuel John Ituh - International Supply Chain and Quality Manager (Aluminium Raw Material) Manager for the Airbus UK. He is also a Doctoral Researcher at the Institute of Management, Governance and Society of the Robert Gordon University Aberdeen  with a focus on energy policy, renewable energy, public policy, policy formation and policy transfer. He is the founder of The Nsikak Ituh Foundation, a charitable trust dedicated to social care, education and scientific research in Nigeria.
- BASSEY ESSIEN BASSEY - FICMN, AMABE, Itu Local Government, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria an Associate Member of Association of Business Executives, London; holder of Platinum Senior Vice President certificate in Networks Marketing form 5linx University, Houston, Texas United State of America; Higher National Diploma in Business Administration, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic; Diploma in Sales and Marketing Management - Trans-world College Jersey Britain, may professional qualifications and Awards. He is the Initiator and Chief Executive Officer/ Board of Trustees Secretary - Mary Slessor International Foundation for Humanityn has been the Exclusive representative of HMD Consultancy PVT Limited of India in Nigeria on Medical & Wellness Tourism, MICE & Leisure services 2012- , Vice chairman, Itu local government 2008 – 2011;Managing Director/Chief Executive BEB Ventures/BEB Investments Limited. USID trained on Conflict Mitigation etc,.
- AIR VICE MARSHALL EMMANUEL DAVID AQUAISUA -MNI,Former Commandant, Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre,Lagos.
- Editor, Online (2017-03-01). "Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Ebonyi Fail to Reach Consensus on Boundary Disputes". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- Cross River and Akwa Ibom State Population Bulletin 1983-90: 1963 Population of Cross River and Akwa Ibom State. Statistics Division, Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning. 1985-01-01.
- Local Governments in Akwa Ibom State. Special Duties Department, Military Administrator's Office. 1996-01-01.
- "Ituh Nsikak-Jeuel John - Robert Gordon University". www.rgu.ac.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Nsikak Ituh". Nsikak Ituh. Retrieved 2017-03-22.