He must have starred in one of the various rebellions that occurred after the dethronement of Suintila. In opposition to and contemporaneously with the beginning of the reign of Sisenando. His affiliation is unknown, although it could be related to Suintila. The lists of Visigoth kings do not usually collect or number it, giving as king from 631 to Sisenando.
- Iudila is probably the deformation of the Gothic name Liubila, Liuvila or Gudila.
- George Carpenter Miles, The coinage of the Visigoths of Spain, Leovigild to Achila II. , American Numismatic Society, 1952.
- Caroline Humphrey, Kingship and the Kings, Harwood Academic Publishers, 1989, p. 69.
- Classical folia : studies in the Christian perpetuation of the classics, Institute for Early Christian Iberian Studies, College of the Holy Cross, 1977, p. 43-44.
- Pío Beltrán (1941): "Iudila and Suniefredo, Visigoth kings" (numismatic study)
- Castillo Lozano (2019): "The historical image of Iudila through its monetary issues: king or usurper?", Revista Numisática Hécate, 6, pp. 122-130.In: http://revista-hecate.org/files/6415/7728/9848/Castillo-Lozano.pdf