Iván González López
|Full name||Iván González López|
|Date of birth||15 February 1988|
|Place of birth||Torremolinos, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2011–2012||→ Real Madrid B (loan)||21||(1)|
|2012–2013||Real Madrid B||29||(1)|
|2015–2016||ASA Târgu Mureș||39||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 April 2017.
Born in Torremolinos, Province of Málaga, González finished his football grooming with local Málaga CF, and made his first-team – and La Liga – debut on 22 November 2009, at home against Real Zaragoza, making an immediate impact as he rescued the Andalusians from defeat by scoring with his head in the 74th minute, in a 1–1 draw.
From then onwards, González became a defensive mainstay in Juan Ramón López Muñiz's side, soon attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Liverpool and Hull City.
After the arrival of manager Manuel Pellegrini, González appeared more as a defensive midfielder than in his natural position, but was also deemed surplus to requirements in December 2010, alongside five other players – he eventually stayed at the club. However, on 28 January 2011, he was loaned to Real Madrid Castilla in Segunda División B for the rest of the season and the following, making his official debut on 6 February in a 2–0 win at Pontevedra CF.
On 11 September 2011, in a match against Coruxo FC, Iván scored his first goal for Castilla, also being sent off in the 1–1 away draw. On 16 October he again received his marching orders, now in a 0–1 away loss to Rayo Vallecano B.
After his loan stint at Castilla González returned to Málaga, but his remaining one-year contract was terminated and again signed with Castilla.
On 20 September 2013, González joined German 2. Bundesliga club FC Erzgebirge Aue, signing a two-year deal and being given the number 32 shirt. On 30 September 2014, his contract was terminated by mutual consent.
ASA Târgu Mureș
On 6 August 2010, González was called by coach Luis Milla to the Spanish under-21 team, for the 2011 UEFA European Championship qualifier against Finland. Four months earlier, he had already been summoned by the previous manager Juan Ramón López Caro, but eventually did not make his debut.
- Real Madrid Castilla
- "Manu, Iván, Toribio y Javi López, con la Sub-21 española" [Manu, Iván, Toribio and Javi López, with the Spanish under-21s] (in Spanish). Málaga CF. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Bad-tempered tie leaves Malaga bottom". ESPN FC. 22 November 2009. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Real Madrid, Atletico tracking Malaga defender Ivan Gonzalez". Tribal Football. 18 January 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Liverpool, Hull target Malaga central defender Ivan Gonzalez". IM Scouting. Archived from the original on 15 March 2012.
- "Liverpool set to move for Spanish defender". Give Me Football. Archived from the original on 3 January 2010.
- "Edu Ramos, Galatto, Luque, Iván González, Juanito y Edinho no cuentan para Pellegrini" [Edu Ramos, Galatto, Luque, Iván González, Juanito and Edinho do not count for Pellegrini]. Marca (in Spanish). 25 December 2010. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Jiménez, Bárbara (11 September 2011). "1–1: El Castilla se quedó sin un triunfo merecido a dos minutos del final" [1–1: Castilla loses deserved win two minutes from time] (in Spanish). Real Madrid C.F. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "El Rayo B recupera la sonrisa ganando al Castilla" [Rayo B regains smile defeating Castilla] (in Spanish). Rayo Herald. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Málaga CF e Iván González llegan a un acuerdo de desvinculación" [Málaga CF and Iván González reach parting agreement] (in Spanish). Málaga CF. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Veilchen verpflichten spanischen Innenverteidiger Ivan Gonzalez" [Violets acquire Spanish defender Ivan Gonzalez] (in German). FC Erzgebirge Aue. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "Personalentscheidungen beim FC Erzgebirge Aue" [Personnel decisions at FC Erzgebirge Aue] (in German). FC Erzgebirge Aue. 2 October 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- "Ivan Gonzalez, noul jucător al ASA-ului" [Ivan Gonzalez, new player of ASA] (in Romanian). ASA Târgu Mureș. 3 February 2015.
- "Consulta la última convocatoria de la selección Sub-21" [Check out the last under-21 national team callup] (in Spanish). RFEF. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2013.