|Ivan Amodei Magician|
August 22, 1976 |
Comiso, Sicily, Italy
|Occupation||magician, entrepreneur, writer, producer|
|Known for||Parlor magic|
Ivan Amodei (born August 22, 1976) is a Illusionist. Ivan performs at the Beverly Wilshire – A Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills California and also tours international with his show Secrets and Illusions.
Ivan Amodei was born in the village of Comiso, on the island of Sicily. He immigrated with his family to America and was raised in Brooklyn, New York. He moved to Southern California where he attended Thousand Oaks High School and California Lutheran University. He graduated with a degree in Marketing/Advertising and a minor in English. He speaks English, Italian and Spanish.
In 1999, he became a regular performer at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. In 2005, he won first place at the International Brotherhood of Magicians Close-Up Competition. In 2005, he won FIRST place at the Society of American Magicians Close-Up Competition, as well as, the People's Choice Award.
In 2010, Ivan's book Magic's Most Amazing Stories was published and was nominated by ForeWord Review for book of the year. On October 23, 2010, Ivan opened a one-man show at the Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. It was named Made in Italy. On December 31, 2010, Ivan did a guest appearance at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills that led to an open run of his show at the historic hotel. The name of the show was then changed to Intimate Illusions. Splash magazine called him a "master in his art." In May 2012, Westlake Magazine included Ivan in their achievers issue. In June 2012, Ivan received recognition by the honorable Mayor of Beverly Hills William W. Brien M.D. for his contribution to the world of magic and illusion. Ivan currently lives in Southern California on his ranch with his twin boy and girl and wife. In 2016, he appeared on the season finale of Penn & Teller: Fool Us and gained more recognition by awing 1800 audience members using his original illusion 'State of Mind'.
- 1995 the Las Vegas Close-Up Classic – First place.
- 1998 (IBM) International Brotherhood of Magicians – Award of Merit.
- 1999 (PCAM) Pacific Coast Association of Magicians Outstanding Showmanship.
- 1999 (PCAM) Pacific Coast Association of Magicians – First Place.
- 2004 (IBM) International Brotherhood of Magicians – Award of Merit.
- 2005 (IBM) International Brotherhood of Magicians – First Place.
- 2005 (SAM) Society of American Magicians – People's Choice Award.
- 2005 (SAM) Society of American Magicians – First Place.
- Shawn McMaster (November 1, 2005). "Eventually Ivan". Magic Magazine.
- ForeWord Review (October 2, 2010). "Magic's Most Amazing Stories". Eclipse Inc.
- Katy Smith (October 3, 2010). "Made in Italy Westlake Village". Ventura County Star.
- Don Grigware (May 3, 2011). "Class Act". BroadwayWorld.
- Ma'ayan Cohen (March 30, 2012). "Magic is for grown ups". Splash Magazine.
- Niki Chopra Richardson (March 1, 2012). "Magic close up and personal". Westlake Magazine.
- Raj Vora (June 19, 2012). "Jain Social Group Honors". India West.
- Maxine Hurt (April 1, 2008). "The Home of Magic". Ventana Magazine.
- Amodei, Ivan. "Master Illusionist Ivan Amodei Does The Unthinkable and Crosses All Fifty States in an Attempt to Fool Penn & Teller". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Humor " 2009 Finalists " Book of the Year Awards " ForeWord Reviews". Bookoftheyearawards.com. Retrieved April 26, 2011.