Ivan Dimitrov (footballer)
Ivan Dimitrov c. 1970
|Full name||Ivan Milanov Dimitrov|
|Date of birth||14 May 1935|
|Place of birth||Sofia, Kingdom of Bulgaria|
|Date of death||1 January 2019(aged 83)|
|Place of death||Sofia, Bulgaria|
|1955||Zavod 12 Sofia|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Ivan Milanov Dimitrov (Bulgarian: Иван Миланов Димитров; 14 May 1935 – 1 January 2019) was a Bulgarian footballer who played as a defender for the Bulgarian national team. At club level, he made 340 appearances in the Bulgarian League, playing for Stroitel Sofia, Torpedo Sofia, Zavod 12 Sofia, Lokomotiv Sofia, Spartak Sofia and Akademik Sofia.
Dimitrov was capped 70 times for the Bulgaria national football team. He appeared in the 1962 and 1970 FIFA World Cups. He also competed in the men's tournament at the 1960 Summer Olympics. He died on 1 January 2019 at the age of 83.
- Lokomotiv Sofia
- Spartak Sofia
- "Тъжна вест! Почина една от емблемите на Локо (Сф)" (in Bulgarian). novsport.com. 2 January 2019.
- 1962 FIFA World Cup Chile Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. fifa.com
- Mamrud, Roberto (1 September 2016). "Ivan Milanov Dimitrov - International Appearances". RSSSF. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Ivan Dimitrov Olympic Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- "Почина легендата на Локо Сф Иван Димитров" (in Bulgarian). gong.bg. 2 January 2019.