Ivan Jones (rugby league)
|Full name||Ivan William Jones|
|Born||10 November 1942|
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Died||February 22, 2015 (aged 72)|
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Originally from Brisbane, Jones was a Souths junior who played four first grade seasons with the South Sydney Rabbitohs between 1965-1969.
Ivan Jones also played for Souths in the 1965 Grand Final loss to St. George 12-8. He lost his place in the stellar South Sydney first grade team to Bob Grant in 1968, and he finished his career at Western Suburbs Magpies in 1970.
He was awarded Life Membership of Souths in 2002.
Press reports in 2014 suggested that Ivan Jones was not in good health, but it was reported that he was able to watch his beloved South Sydney Rabbitohs win the 2014 premiership on television in the comfort of his home.
It was reported in the Sydney media that Ivan Jones died on 22 February 2015.
- "Ivan Jones - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". Rugbyleagueproject.org.
- Alan Whiticker/Glen Hudson: Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players. 1995. (ISBN 1875169571)
- "Western Suburbs Magpies First Grade Players". Wests Magpies.
- Daily Telegragh (article) by Paul Kent 29/09/04 "South Sydney Premiership winner Ivan Jones hanging on for another Rabbitohs Title".
- Daily Telegraph: "Former South Sydney Rabbitohs Premiership Winning Halfback Ivan Jones puts off Death for Glory" by PAUL KENT 08/10/2014
- Daily Telegraph (Death & Funeral Notice) Page 61, 25/02/2015