Ivan Jovanović (football manager)
|Date of birth||July 8, 1962|
|Place of birth||Loznica, FPR Yugoslavia|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Jovanović played for FK Rad in the Yugoslav First League during the 1987–88 and 1988–89 seasons. The next season, he transferred to the Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki, where he played until the end of his career. During his spell in Iraklis, Jovanović evolved into one of the highest quality foreign players who ever played for the team.
During his managerial career at APOEL he won 9 trophies, 4 Championships, 1 Cup and 4 Super Cups. He also helped APOEL to qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stages for the first time in their history in 2009. Two years later, he repeated his achievement and just not only helped APOEL to qualify for the group stages of the 2011–12 UEFA Champions League, but achieved also to qualify for the quarter-finals by topping their group, beating Olympique Lyonnais in the last 16 on penalties, before being knocked-out by Real Madrid in the quarter-finals. He is considered as the most successful manager in the history of APOEL.
During his seven-year spell at APOEL he has been awarded the "Coach of the Season" award by Cyprus Football Association six times. He has also been awarded the "Serbian Coach of the Year" award by Football Association of Serbia in 2011.
On 30 April 2013, APOEL announced that Ivan Jovanović decided to leave at the end of the 2012–13 season, after five-and-a-half consecutive (and seven in total) successful years in the club.
On 18 June 2013, Jovanović was announced as the new head coach of the Emirati club Al Nasr, having signed a two-year contract. On 19 May 2014, Jovanović led his team to a 2–1 victory over Saham in the 2014 GCC Champions League final and won his first trophy as Al Nasr's manager.
- Cypriot First Division: 2003–04, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
- Cypriot Cup: 2007–08
- Cypriot Super Cup: 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011
- UEFA Champions League quarter-finals: 2011–12
- GCC Champions League: 2014
- UAE President's Cup: 2014–15
- UAE League Cup: 2014–15
- AFC Champions League quarter-finals: 2016
- Manager of the Season (Cyprus): 2003–04, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
- Serbian Coach of the Year: 2011
- "Fudbal ex-YU 1945.-1992. > Igrači J". Fudbal ex-YU. Archived from the original on March 5, 2009. Retrieved December 10, 2008.
- Ανακοίνωση (in Greek). APOEL FC. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Ivan Jovanovic unveiled as new Al Nasr Head Coach - News - UAE Pro League Committee". uae.agleague.ae. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "Emotional night in Dubai as Al Nasr beat Saham to win GCC Clubs Championship". thenational.ae. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Al Nasr Football Company decides to sack Jovanovic". www.alnasrclub.com. Retrieved 29 October 2016.