Ivan Karizna was born in Dzyatlava, Belarus and got interested in cello music when he was five years old. By the age of eight he did his very first performance and since then have performed at such festivals as the Belarusian Yuri Bashmet International Festival as well as Moscow Welcomes Friends of Russia and Belgian Musica Mundi. He also performed with various orchestras including the Russian State Academic Symphony Orchestra, Saint Petersburg Philharmonic and Moscow Virtuosi, Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra, Orchestre philharmonique de Strasbourg, Porto National Orchestra and other. He had numerous performances in other countries of the world including Belgium, Great Britain, the Netherlands, the United States and France where he played at such concert halls as Concertgebouw in Amsterdam and Parisian City of Music and Salle Pleyel as well as Brussels's Centre for Fine Arts where he performed together with a pianist Eliane Reyes. As of 2009 he is a student at the Paris Conservatory. In 2010 he represented his nation at the Eurovision Young Musicians 2010 contest in Vienna.
- "XIV международный конкурс имени П.И.Чайковского - Cello". LiveJournal. XIV международный конкурс имени П.И.Чайковского. June 30, 2011. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Ivan Karizna at Queen Elisabeth Competition website (4 June 2017)
- "Ivan Karizna, cello" (in Russian). Peramoga. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Ivan Karizna - Eliane Reyes". Critics. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Ivan Karizna". Mariinsky Theatre. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Cellist Ivan Karizna to represent Belarus at Classical Eurovision in Vienna". TVR. February 25, 2010. Archived from the original on January 2, 2014. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
|This Belarusian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a cellist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|