The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2018)
Ivan Stepanovych Marchuk
May 12, 1936
Village of Moskalivka, Ternopil Region
|Education||Lviv Institute of Applied Art|
Ivan Marchuk was born in a family of a weaver. He studied applied art in Lviv till 1965. Later he worked in Kyiv. In 1989 he left USSR and lived in the United States, Canada and Australia. After the September 11, 2001 attacks which he saw, Marchuk returned to Kiev. Not having been valued in the Soviet Union, Marchuk was well accepted in the independent Ukraine obtaining a prestigious T. Shevchenko award in 1997. He is the only Ukrainian artist recognized by International Academy of Modern Art in Rome as the member of the “Golden Guild”.
Atlant UMC has published 3 books on the artist’s oeuvre. A large monograph titled "Ivan Marchuk" (2004) illustrates all stages of his creative career. The second album deals with the period 1965–2005. The third album was published in the series "Painting" (2008). For 2013-2016 Fenix published 3 books Ivan Marchuk. Yesterday,today...always,illustrates 8 (among 12) stages of his creative career.
- «Спілкуючись із мистецтвом, людина радикально змінюється». Галерист Юрій Комельков / [інтерв'ю] М. Токмак // День. — 2009. — № 147. — С. 22. (in Ukrainian)
- "Virtual Dreams of Ivan Marchuk". Welcome to Ukraine, 4, 1999.
- Ivan Marchuk: Album-catalogue. — Kyiv: CJSC Atlant UMS, 2004. — 519 p. — ISBN 966-95919-7-X. (in Ukrainian) (in English)
- Ivan Marchuk. Creative period 1965–2005: [Album]. — [Kyiv: CJSC Atlant UMS, 2005]. — 28 p. (in Ukrainian) (in English)
- Іван Марчук. Дорога додому: Альбом. — К.: ТОВ «Атлант ЮЕмСі», 2008. —  с. — ISBN 978-966-8968-22-8. (in Ukrainian) (in English)