Russian: Иван Леонидович Максимов;
Ivan Leonidovich Maksimov
19 November 1958
Ivan Leonidovich Maximov (born 19 November 1958) is a Russian artist, animator and film director.
Ivan Maximov was born on 19 November 1958 in Moscow. He studied photography at the Biophysical Institute in Moscow till 1976. From 1976 - 1982 Maximov studied at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology in Moscow. He worked as an illustrator for various magazines and from 1982 to 1986 he was an engineer at the Russian Space Research Institute. Between 1986 and 1989 Maximov took advanced studies in Film Directing and Script writing.
In the early 1990s, Maximov became involved with Russia's first gaming magazine, Video-Ace Dendy (Russian: Видео-Асс Dendy), and the television series, Dendy: The New Reality (Russian: Денди новая реальность, tr. Dendy Novaya Realnost, IPA: [ˈdʲenʲdʲɪ ˈnovəjə rʲɪˈalʲnəsʲtʲ]). Here he was in charge of designing Dendy the Elephant, Dendy's trademark mascot.
Starting in 1995 Maximov worked as "virtual studio IVAN MAXIMOV" where he set up his studio at home to work on film, video and computer animation. He worked as a caricaturist for VREMYA mn and in 2000 and 2001 he worked as a caricaturist for VREMYA NOVOSTEY.
Most of these films can be viewed in their entirety on his official website.
- Sleva Napravo (1989, Russian: Слева направо, lit. 'From Left to Right')
- 5/4 (1990)
- Provintsialnaya Shkola (1992, Russian: Провинциальная школа, lit. 'Provincial School')
- Bolero (1992)
- N + 2 (1993, Russian: Н + 2)
- Libido Bendzhamina (1994, Russian: Либидо Бенджамина, lit. 'Libido of Benjamino')
- Niti (1996, Russian: Нити, lit. 'The Strings')
- Dva tramvaya (1997, Russian: Два трамвая, lit. 'Two Trams')
- Eta Meloch Zashchitit Oboikh (2000, Russian: Эта мелочь защитит обоих, lit. 'This Trifle Protects Both')
- Sotvoreniye Mira za 24 Sekundy (2000, Russian: Сотворение мира за 24 секунды, lit. 'Creation of the World in 24 Seconds')
- Luba (2001, Russian: Люба)
- Medlennoye Bistro (2003, Russian: Медленное бистро, lit. 'Slow Bistro')
- Veter Vdol Berega (2003, Russian: Ветер вдоль берега, lit. 'Wind Along the Coast')
- Potop (2004, Russian: Потоп, lit. 'Deluge')
- Tunnelirovaniye (2005, Russian: Туннелирование, lit. 'Tunneling')
- Dozhd Sverkhu Vniz (2007, Russian: Дождь сверху вниз, lit. 'Rain Down from Above')
- Dopolnitelnyye Vozmozhnosti Pyatachka (2008, Russian: Дополнительные возможности Пятачка, lit. 'The Additional Capabilities of the Snout')
- Prilivy Tuda-Syuda (2010, Russian: Приливы туда-сюда, lit. 'Tides To and Fro')
- Vne Igry (2012, Russian: Вне игры, lit. 'Out of Play')
- Dlinnyy Most v Nuzhnuyu Storonu (2012, Russian: Длинный мост в нужную сторону, lit. 'Long Bridge In the Right Direction')
- Doch Rybaka (2013, Russian: Дочь рыбака, lit. 'Fisherman's Daughter')
- Skameyki (2015, Russian: Скамейки, lit. 'Benches')
- Khudozhnik i Khuligany (2016, Russian: Художник и хулиганы, lit. 'The Artist and the Hooligans')
- Alternativnaya Progulka (2016, Russian: Альтернативная прогулка, lit. 'Alternative walk')
- Divergentia D (2017)
- Lonely monster goes out (2019)
Animated computer games
- 1991 - Nika Award nominee for 5/4
- 1993 - Nika Award for Best Film for Bolero
- 2003 - Nika Award nominee for Slow Bistro
- 2007 - Golden Eagle nominee for Dozhd Sverkhu Vniz
- 2008 - Nika Award nominee for Dozhd Sverkhu Vniz
- 2012 - Golden Eagle nominee for Vne Igry
- 2013 - Medal of the Order "For Merit to the Fatherland"
- 2013 - Nika Award nominee for Dlinnyy Most v Nuzhnuyu Storonu
- 2014 - Golden Eagle nominee for Dlinnyy Most v Nuzhnuyu Storonu
- Gifford, Kevin. COLUMN: 'Game Mag Weaseling': Where The Magazines Read You. GameSetWatch. 29 June 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2012-10-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Full Pipe at Steam