Necevski training with Sydney FC in 2009
|Date of birth||25 February 1980|
|Place of birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Central Coast Mariners|
|2001–2002||Bonnyrigg White Eagles||14||(0)|
|2002–2003||West Sydney Berries||22||(0)|
|2005–2006||New Zealand Knights||0||(0)|
|2015||Rockdale City Suns||7||(0)|
|2016–||Central Coast Mariners||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 May 2016.
He has previously played for the Blacktown, Illawarra Lions, Canterbury-Marrickville, Bonnyrigg White Eagles, Sydney United, Rockdale City Suns, and A-League clubs New Zealand Knights and Newcastle Jets.
Necevski signed for Sydney in 2007 as a reserve behind Clint Bolton, and an Hamstring injury suffered in training kept him away from duties for the first three months of the season. He made his debut for Sydney on 27 November 2007 in an exhibition match against Los Angeles Galaxy, playing the second half. A hip injury to Bolton in December, gave Necevski his first A-League game with Sydney against Central Coast Mariners.
Necevski was the first choice keeper for Sydney at the Pan-Pacific Championship 2008, due to main keeper Clint Bolton resting a small injury sustained against Queensland Roar the week before. He played both of Sydney's matches, first against Houston Dynamo where Sydney went down in a crushing 3–0 loss, and against Los Angeles Galaxy where a simple cross from David Beckham led to Galaxy's second goal in a 2–1 loss. Despite not playing one game during the 2009-10 A-League season, Necevski signed a 1-year extension with the club, which will see him battle out the #1 Jersey, between himself and expected signing Liam Reddy. He kept a full game in the high profile friendly against English Premier League team Everton FC at ANZ Stadium during the Sydney FC season 2010-11 pre-season. Sydney lost the match 1–0.
He made his first starting appearance for Sydney FC in well over a year when he was called up to the starting squad in the 2010–11 season against Perth Glory, replacing out of form, and seemingly out of favour Liam Reddy. The move proved a success, with Sydney FC running out winners 3–0 – their first win of the 2010–11 season, as well as their first clean sheet. He was rewarded soon after by manager Vitezslav Lavicka for his patience and loyalty to the club after playing second-fiddle for most of his career, with a 2-year contract.
It was announced that Necevski would play his final game for Sydney FC in the post 2014-15 season friendly against Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur. Necevski played 88 minutes before being substituted for young keeper Anthony Bouzanis in Sydney's 1-0 loss. Necevski made 45 A-League appearances for Sydney FC throughout his 8-year stint at the club, mostly used in a backup role.
Rockdale City Suns FC
Necevski signed for National Premier Leagues NSW club Rockdale City Suns for the remainder of the 2015 National Premier Leagues NSW season, and for the clubs 2015 FFA Cup campaign as an injury replacement for Tomislav Arcaba.
Return to Sydney FC
Necevski re-signed with Sydney FC on a 1-year contract following the 2015 NSW National Premier Leagues season, and Rockdale City's 2015 FFA Cup campaign. After not making a single appearance for Sydney FC the whole season, with Vedran Janjetović starting every match, Necevski was not offered a new contract.
Central Coast Mariners
A-League career statistics
- As of 23 October 2014
CS = Clean Sheets
|New Zealand Knights||2005–06||0||0||-||-||0||0||-||-||0||0|
1 - AFC Champions League statistics are included in season commencing during group stages (i.e. ACL 2011 and A-League season 2010–11 etc.)
- "Sydney grab Necevski". The World Game (SBS). 25 June 2007. Retrieved 10 December 2007.
- "And the winner is Sydney!". sydneyfc.com. 27 November 2007. Retrieved 10 December 2007.
- Necevski extends Sydney deal
- Gallant Sky Blues go down 1–0 to Everton
- "Shambolic Perth Glory hammered 3–0 by Sydney FC". PerthNow. 24 October 2010. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- "Sydney FC re-sign in-form keep". Sydney Morning Herald. 12 November 2010. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Adno, Carly (29 May 2014). "Sydney FC’s Arsenal supporting goalkeeper Ivan Necevski hopes to shut out Spurs in farewell game". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- Smithies, Tom (31 May 2015). "Sydney FC goalkeeper Ivan Necevski hopes his display against Tottenham leads to playing offers". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Necevski to play final Sky Blues game". A-League. 29 May 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Rockdale City Suns snap up Necevski". Football NSW. 20 June 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Released gloveman returns to Sydney FC". A-League. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Sydney FC announce Hyundai A-League squad changes". Football Federation Australia. 26 May 2016.
- "Necevski heads to the coast". FourFourTwo. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Ivan Necevski » Club matches". worldfootball.net.
- "Ivan Necevski (Sydney FC)". Ultimate A-League.