13 January 1997|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)|
|NHL team||Philadelphia Flyers|
7th overall, 2015|
Ivan Vladimirovich Provorov (Russian: Иван Владимирович Проворов; born 13 January 1997) is a Russian professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing for the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Provorov played with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the United States Hockey League (USHL) before he was selected in the CHL Import Draft, 30th overall, by the Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League (WHL). He opted to report to the Wheat Kings for the 2014–15 season on 14 August 2014.
After being rated as a top prospect, Provorov was selected seventh overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers. On 3 July 2015, he signed an entry-level contract with the Flyers.
Provorov won the WHL championship with the Brandon Wheat Kings in the 2015–16 season and was named WHL defenceman of the year. However, in the following 2016 Memorial Cup tournament, the team failed to win a game. Provorov was also named the CHL Defenceman of the Year for the 2015–16 season.
After a good showing at the Flyers' training camp the next season, he was added to the team and made his NHL debut on 14 October 2016 away against the Los Angeles Kings. He recorded his first NHL point, an assist, in the same game. Provorov scored his first NHL goal on 23 November 2016 against Andrei Vasilevskiy of the Tampa Bay Lightning. At the end of the 2016–17 season, the Flyers awarded Provorov with the Barry Ashbee Trophy, which is given to the team's "outstanding defenseman" from the season. Provorov became only the third rookie defensemen to win the award for the Flyers, after Norm Barnes and teammate Shayne Gostisbehere (who had become the second just the year before).
In Game 6 of the first round of the 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs, against the Pittsburgh Penguins, Provorov played with a Grade 3 AC Separation. This injury normally requires an eight-week healing process, but Provorov played through the injury. However, Provorov and the Flyers would fall to the Penguins 8–5 in Game 6 and ultimately lose the series four games to two.
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||56||6||13||19||32||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Brandon Wheat Kings||WHL||60||15||46||61||42||19||2||11||13||10|
|2015–16||Brandon Wheat Kings||WHL||62||21||52||73||16||21||3||10||13||14|
|World Junior Championships|
Awards and honors
|Ed Chynoweth Cup||2015–16|||
|Bill Hunter Memorial Trophy||2015–16|||
- "Travis Konecny, Ivan Provorov will make Flyers roster, Ron Hextall confirms". Philly.com. 10 October 2016. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Ivan Provorov draft prospect detail". National Hockey League. 2015-06-26. Retrieved 2015-06-26.
- "Wheat Kings import on his way". Brandon Wheat Kings. 2014-08-14. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "NHL Central Scouting final rankings". National Hockey League. 2015-04-08. Retrieved 2015-04-08.
- "Flyers sign 2015 first round draft pick Ivan Provorov to an entry-level contract". Philadelphia Flyers. 3 July 2015. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Brandon Wheat Kings Win 2016 WHL Championship Series". Wester Hockey League. 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Ivan Provorov named top WHL Defenseman". Philadelphia Flyers. 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- Carchidi, Sam (8 April 2017). "Wayne Simmonds, Ivan Provorov among Flyers' award winners". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Boruk, John (April 15, 2018). "Ivan Provorov Played Game 6 With a Grade 3 AC Separation". nbcphiladelphia.com. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Philadelphia Flyers' first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to a Russian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|