|Alma mater||University of Durham
University of Aston
|Awards||Hodson Fund of the Palaeontological Association|
|Institutions||University of Birmingham|
|Doctoral advisor||Howard Armstrong and M. Paul Smith|
Ivan Sansom (born Prestatyn) is a British palaeontologist, Senior Lecturer in Palaeobiology at the University of Birmingham. His research primarily has focused on the conodont palaeobiology and the early Palaeozoic radiation of vertebrates.
- Sansom, I. J., Smith, M. P., Armstrong, H. A. and Smith, M. M. 1992. Presence of the earliest vertebrate hard tissues in conodonts. Science 256: 1308-1311.]
- Sansom, I. J., Smith, M. P. and Smith, M. M. 1994. Dentine in conodonts. Nature 368: 591.
- Sansom, I. J., Smith, M. P. and Smith, M. M. 1996. Scales of thelodont and shark-like fishes from the Ordovician. Nature 379: 628-630.
- Smith, M. P., Sansom, I. J. and Repetski, J. E. 1996. Histology of the first fish. Nature 380: 702-704.
- Coates, M. I., Sequeira, S. E. K., Sansom, I. J. and Smith, M. M. 1998. Spines and tissues of ancient sharks. Nature 396: 729-730.
- Sansom, I. J., Donoghue, P. C. J. and Albanesi, G. L. 2005. Histology and affinity of the earliest armoured vertebrate. Biology Letters 2: 446-449.
- http://www.gees.bham.ac.uk/staff/sansomij.shtml University of Birmingham: Ivan Sansom (Accessed April 2011)
- http://jgs.lyellcollection.org/content/168/2/local/front-matter.pdf Journal of the Geological Society: Editorial Board (Accessed April 2011)
- http://www.palass.org/modules.php?name=palaeo&page=119&sec=awards The Palaeontological Association: Hodson Award (Accessed April 2011)
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|