Ivan Shaw is an American actor who made his daytime debut in December 2002, playing young Henry Chin in the ABC daytime show All My Children.
Early life and education
Shaw moved from Taipei, Taiwan at age 4 to Upland, California where he grew up with his older brother, Eugene (also an aspiring actor), and grandparents. At one time, he attended Upland Taiwanese Presbyterian Church.
Along the way, Shaw also became interested in acting. He played lead roles at New York City's off-Broadway Century Theatre's production of Savage Love and Shurin Studio's A Boy's Life, with critically acclaimed reviews.
Following a series of appearances on TV shows such as Haunted (as Tommy), CSI:NY (as Billy James), Charmed (as Attendant), The Closer (as Donnie), Monk (as a Rap Producer), The Mind of the Married Man (as Machiko), All My Children (as Henry Chin), General Hospital (as a Band Member), The Young and the Restless (as Alan), and Baywatch Hawaii, Shaw appeared as Adam Webster on the short-lived, controversial NBC show The Book of Daniel.
Shaw has also appeared in feature films such as Get Him to the Greek (as a Pinnacle Executive), L!fe Happens (as Ivan #2), The Truth About Angels (as JC), and Rush Hour 2 (as a Triad Gangster). He also appears as Tao in a short film directed by David Parker and Cole Schreiber (aka Sunday Paper) called "Mission Chinese" also starring Ron Yuan and Elaine Tan.
He has also Associate Produced a film entitled The Time Being starring Frank Langella, Wes Bentley and directed by Nenad Cicin-Sain, and which made its premiere at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival. He has also written a short film entitled The Tip with Kelvin Yu, and directed by Tyler Brooks.
- Insecure (2016) as Justin
- Mission Chinese (2012) as Tao
- Almost Perfect (2011) as Dwayne Sung
- Get Him to the Greek - Pinnacles Executive
- CSI: NY (2010) as Billy James
- The Young and the Restless as Alan
- Monk as a Rap Producer
- The Book of Daniel (2006) as Adam Webster
- The Closer (2006) as Donnie
- The Division (2004) as Lee
- All My Children (2003) as Henry Chin
- The Mind of the Married Man (2002) as Machiko
- Charmed (2002) as Attendant
- Haunted (2002) as Tommy
- General Hospital (2002) as Band Member
- Rush Hour 2 (2001) as Triad Gangster (uncredited)