|Directed by||M. Saravanan|
|Written by||M. Saravanan|
|Music by||C. Sathya|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
Ivan Veramathiri (English: He is different) is a 2013 Indian Tamil vigilante film written and directed by M. Saravanan.film presented by director N. Linguswamy and produced by his brother N. Subash Chandrabose under Thirupathi Brothers association with Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur under UTV Motion Pictures . The film stars Vikram Prabhu, Surbhi, Ganesh Venkatraman, Vamsi Krishna and Hariraj. The background score and soundtrack were composed by C. Sathya. The film was released on 13 December 2013 to positive reviews.
- Vikram Prabhu as Gunasekaran
- Surbhi as Malini
- Ganesh Venkatraman as Aravindan IPS
- Vamsi Krishna as Eeswaran
- Hariraj as Sadasivam
- Charmila as Malini's mother
- Malavika Menon as Divya
- Nisha Krishnan as Gunasekaran's friend
Earlier Saravanan considered Arya and Vishal for the lead role in this film. Later he said that "I watched the trailer of Kumki and was impressed with Vikram’s intense performance. Later when I met him in person, his height, build and confidence made an impact on me. Moreover, his positive attitude and eagerness to take on challenging roles made me sign him up for my film". Vikram Prabhu plays a city-bred youth seething with anger which surfaces every now and then. It was reported that Monal Gajjar was selected for an equally important female role. It was then reported that Surbhi, a Delhi-based girl was cast opposite Vikram. The heroine was not officially confirmed and it was said that the director wanted to reveal her identity once the shooting was completed. Telugu actor Vamsi Krishna was chosen to play the antagonist role in this film.
|Soundtrack album to Ivan Veramathiri by C. Sathya|
|Released||6 November 2013|
|C. Sathya chronology|
The film's score and soundtrack were composed by C. Sathya.
|1.||"Malayaala Porattala"||Viveka||Tippu, Hyde Karty, Bizmac|
|2.||"Ennai Maranthaen"||Na. Muthukumar||Madhushree|
|3.||"Ranga Ranga"||Mani Amudhavan||Rita|
|4.||"Thanimayile"||Viveka||Anand Aravindakshan, Nivas|
|6.||"Idhuthaan"||Pudhiyadhoar Kavignan Seivom Team||Balram|
Ivan Veramathiri opened to positive reviews by critics. Baradwaj Rangan wrote, "Ivan Vera Maathiri is several notches above your usual action movie. The coincidences are smartly woven in, the location shooting is nicely done, and some of the action, especially a chase down a busy road, is staged quite well. More importantly, the film never loses sight of the personal costs, the collateral damage, that come with vigilantism". Sify wrote, "Director Saravanan after the brilliant Engeyum Eppothum is not in his elements in the thriller genre, where he wants to show the nexus between the politician and corrupt education system. However, he is able to keep the audience spellbound in the last 15 minutes of the film which is electrifying". Filmibeat gave 3 out of 5 and wrote, "Director Saravanan has tried hard to write a screenplay to churn out a message-oriented movie with commercial ingredients. His screenplay manages to win audience appreciation for his attempt". The Times of India gave 3 stars out of 5 wrote, "If the screenplay was the strength of Saravanan's debut Enageyum Eppothum, here, it becomes a weakness as the director's attempts to make a "different" vigilante film get lost in implausibility, patronizing and sub-par acting. He has the outline of a terrific action movie plot; However, the scenes aren't particularly interesting beyond a strictly functional level". Rediff gave 2.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "Ivan Veramathiri lacks the simplicity, depth and magic of Director M Saravanan’s last film Engeyum Eppodhum". Indiaglitz gave 3 out of 5 saying "Saravanan is known to make his stories gripping and racy. With Sakthi and Srikar Prasad for technical expertise, the director has re-established his name in the tinsel town with 'Ivan Veramathiri'. The film's screenplay slows down at places, but that is not entirely a shortfall."  Desimartini gave 3 out of 5. Behindwoods gave 3 stars out of 5 and wrote, "Ivan Vera Mathiri is likely to leave you satisfied having served its well distributed portions of comedy, romance, action, suspense and all round entertainment".
At the TN box office, the film grossed ₹2.5 crore (US$390,000) on its first day and earned over ₹6.2 crore (US$960,000) during the first weekend. The film later slowed down at the box office owing to big budget films like Biriyani, Endrendrum Punnagai, Veeram and Jilla, but yet remained steady at multiplexes and completed a 100 days-run in one theater (Sai Shanti in Chennai).
- "Vikram Prabhu film titled 'Ivan Veramathiri'". Sify. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- Rao, Subha J. (23 November 2013). "Different strokes". The Hindu. Chennai, India.
- Sangeetha Seshagiri (2013-12-14). "'Ivan Vera Mathiri' Review Roundup: Slick Action Thriller". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Vikram Prabhu’s next flick". Deccan Chronicle. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- Raghavan, Nikhil (3 November 2012). "Etcetera: Vikram Prabhu’s next". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Monal Gajjar in Vikram Prabhu's next". Times of India. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Fresh face for Vikram Prabhu". Times of India. 29 November 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Vikram Prabhu's love interest unknown!". Times of India. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "I was a bad boy in college: Vamsi Krishna". Times of India. 24 November 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Vikram Prabhu's Saravanan film 'pooja' held today!". Sify. 19 September 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Ivan Veramathiri Satellite rights purchased by Star Vijay". Indiaglitz. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Ivan Vera Maathiri: The high cost of loving". The Hindu. 2013-12-14. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Movie Review : Ivan Veramathiri". Sify. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Ivan Vera Mathiri Review". Filmibeat.com. 2014-09-15. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Ivan Vera Maathiri Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Review: Ivan Veramathiri is an average entertainer - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Ivan Veramathiri review. Ivan Veramathiri Tamil movie review, story, rating". IndiaGlitz.com. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- Rajiv Menon (2013-12-13). "Ivan Veramathiri Review by Rajiv Menon". Desimartini.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Ivan Vera Mathiri (aka) Ivan Veramathiri review". Behindwoods.com. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- Sangeetha Seshagiri (2013-12-16). "Box Office Collection: 'Ivan Vera Mathiri' 2-Day Earnings". Ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Ivan Vera Mathiri first 3 days' TN Box-office Collection Report". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Jilla and Ivan Vera Mathiri's long runs". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.