Ivana Primorac is a make-up artist and hairstylist. She began her career working in television after a job working for the BBC. Primorac later moved on to working in feature films, including Atonement, Sweeney Todd and The Reader. Primorac has earned various award nominations for her work.
Primorac started working as a hair and make-up artist in television. She wanted to work at the BBC, as she believed their training was the best and eventually got a job with the BBC-trained designers as a trainee. Primorac moved on to working in feature films and she has worked on many films since the nineties, including Elizabeth, Gladiator, The Hours, Atonement, Sweeney Todd and The Reader. While working on the 2000 film, Billy Elliot, Primorac graduated to hair and make-up.
In 2009, Primorac donated her time to a television public service announcement promoting awareness of domestic violence. The announcement, titled Cut, starred actress Keira Knightley. Commenting on her rise to prominence within the film industry, Primorac said "You can't become a makeup artist overnight."
|1990||Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead|
|1991||Bernard and the Genie (TV)
The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes: Shoscombe Old Place (TV)
The Full Wax (TV)
|1992||The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes: The Master Blackmailer (TV)|
|1994||Sister My Sister
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes: The Mazarin Stone (TV)
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes: The Red Circle (TV)
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes: The Golden Pince-Nez (TV)
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes: The Three Gables (TV)
|1995||A Midwinter's Tale
The Infiltrator (TV)
Gulliver's Travels (TV)
The Land Girls
|1999||The Last Yellow
History Is Made at Night
A Kind of Hush
The War Zone
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Animal Passions (TV)
|2005||Charlie and the Chocolate Factory|
Breaking and Entering
Bringing the Past to Life: The Making of Atonement
The Other Boleyn Girl
|2009||10 Minute Tales: Perfect Day (TV)
10 Minute Tales: Through the Window (TV)
10 Minute Tales: The Three Kings (TV)
10 Minute Tales: Let It Snow (TV)
10 Minute Tales: Ding Dong (TV)
10 Minute Tales: Deep & Crisp & Even (TV)
|2010||The Last Airbender
Brighton Rock (post-production)
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
The Railway Man
|2014||Grace of Monaco
The Imitation Game
|2002||BAFTA Award for Best Makeup and Hair||The Hours||Nominated
(with Jo Allen and Conor O'Sullivan)
|2003||BAFTA Award for Best Makeup and Hair||Cold Mountain||Nominated
(with Paul Engelen)
|2005||BAFTA Award for Best Makeup and Hair||Charlie and the Chocolate Factory||Nominated
(with Peter Owen)
|2007||BAFTA Award for Best Makeup and Hair||Sweeney Todd||Nominated
(with Peter Owen)
|2007||BAFTA Award for Best Makeup and Hair||Atonement||Nominated|
- "Ivana Primorac on being a movie make-up artist". The Times. Times Newspapers Limited. 15 February 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Keira Knightley stars in powerful domestic violence campaign for Women's Aid". Women's Aid Federation of England. 2 April 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- Ivana Primorac. Ivana Primorac Dishes the Makeup Secrets of 'The Reader' (FLV). Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Make Up and Hair 2003". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Bafta Film Awards 2003: The Winners". BBC News. BBC. 23 February 2003. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Make Up and Hair 2005". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Bafta Film Awards 2008: The winners". BBC News. BBC. 10 February 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- O'Neil, Tom (18 January 2009). "Can 'The Reader's' makeup wizard Ivana Primorac finally nab an Oscar nomination?". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved 25 July 2010.