Ivanhoe (1970 TV series)
It was shown on the Sunday tea-time slot on BBC1, which for several years showed fairly faithful adaptations of classic novels aimed at a family audience. It was later shown on US television. It consisted of five 50-minute episodes.
It is not widely remembered nowadays, but is remembered favourably by some who do remember it, as one of the better BBC Sunday adaptations, and possibly more accessible to a late 20th-century audience than Scott's original novel.
- Eric Flynn as Ivanhoe
- Anthony Bate as Sir Brian de Bois Guilbert
- Vivian Brooks as Rebecca
- Clare Jenkins as Rowena
- Bernard Horsfall as King Richard
- Tim Preece as Prince John
- Clive Graham as Robin of Locksley
- Michael Napier Brown as Miller