Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Івано-Франківський національний медичний університет
|Affiliation||Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine|
|Address||Galytska 2, 76000 Ivano-Frankivsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine|
|Affiliations||W.H.O,PMDC,MCI,Medical and Dental Council of Europe,Asia,Africa and many more countries|
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University (Ukrainian: Івано-Франківський національний медичний університет) www.ivanofnmu.com.ua is an institute of higher medical education in Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine.
The university is situated in Ivano city in the northwest of Ukraine and is a leading higher education establishment in the region, with a higher accreditation level. The university provides continuity of higher medical education: Junior Specialist – a Bachelor – a Medical Specialist – a Master – a post graduate. The university history started in 1945 and is listed in the WHO Directory of Medical Schools and in the US FAIMER International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
The university is one of the few Medical Universities in Ukraine to be designated as a “National Medical University” by the government of Ukraine.
About the university
IFNMU was established in 1945. It is located in Galytska 2, 76000 Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine. The university consists of 12 hospitals and clinics. It is one of the few universities designated as a "National Medical University" by the government of Ukraine. It is a member of the association of universities, European association of universities, World Health Organization, and other international organizations. Around 4000 foreign students attend from all over the world, including the US, Western Europe, Australia, Africa, India and parts of Asia. The university contains 48 departments. The IFNMU Library received the prize (2nd degree diploma) for "Library of the year 2009" in the All Ukrainian Contest.
In recent years, many scientific developments and innovations in medical diagnostics made at the university have found practical use in public health. The university holds a number of patents for devices, including one that uses bioindicators to test for radioactive contamination in the environment.
The university provides medical care to patients throughout the city and wider region across 40 specialties, and also serves as a national database of anatomy.
A number of university faculty are members of national and international congresses and symposiums.
The Rector of the University, along with members of the council of the Ukrainian Medical Association, founded the magazine "Galician drug Gazette", which operates alongside the scientific journal "Archives of Clinical Medicine."
The university maintains professional contacts with the World Federation of Ukrainian Medical Associations, including the Ukrainian Medical Association of North America, Lublin Medical Academy, and universities in Germany, Austria, and Poland.
- General Medicine (Doctor of Medicine degree) – 6 years course
- Dentistry (Doctor of Dentistry degree) - 5-year course
- Pediatrics (Doctor of Medicine degree) - 6-year course
- Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy degree) – 5-year course
- Nursing (RN) - 3 / 4-year course
- rosthodontics (MDS / Clinical Residency) - 2-year course
Educational and Qualification levels
- Educational and Qualification levels:
- Specialist (MD, MDD)
- Master of Medicine (Pharmacy)
- Clinical Residentura
- Master and PhD courses
- Specialization and Post-Diploma Training for Doctors
The university holds 443 teaching staff including 77 PhDs, 264 candidates for PhD, and 19 academics.
Significant contributions to the development of the university have been made by rectors:
- Professor Ivan Savitsky (1945-1947), graduated from the Odessa Medical Institute, the first rector of the first head of the regional health department and the first head of the Department of Medicinal Chemistry..
- Associate Professor Alex Sushko Ovksentiyovych (1947-1948) - a graduate of Kiev Medical Institute, assistant professor of human anatomy.
- Associate Professor Yuri Antonov, G. (1949-1951) - a graduate of the Dnepropetrovsk Medical Institute, assistant professor of surgery hospital in the future - a professor, a famous scientist and surgeon.
- Professor Lavryk Semen Semenovich (1952-1953) - a graduate of Vinnitsa Medical Institute in the future - Rector of the Medical University.
- Academician Georgy Ovksentiyovych Babenko - (1954-1980) - a graduate of Donetsk Medical Institute, founder of the school of the biochemical, author of 350 scientific papers, 4 books ; trained 32 doctors and more than 170 candidates. Over 40 years - the supervisor of the laboratory " Trace elements in medicine ".
- Professor Anatoly L. Dekhtyar - graduated from Odessa Medical Institute, led the medical school from 1980 to 1987.
- Media related to National Medical University, Ivano-Frankivsk at Wikimedia Commons