Ivar Loe Bjørnstad
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ivar Loe Bjørnstad|
1981 (age 36–37)|
Surnadal, Møre og Romsdal
|Genres||Prog rock and jazz|
Hedvig Mollestad Trio |
Hilde Marie Kjersem Band
Bjørnstad studied jazz at the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo together with Hedvig Mollestad Thomassen and Even Helte Hermansen (guitarist of Bushman's Revenge). With an origin as a rock musician, he also mentions the guitarist Bill Frisell as one of his inspirations, accompanied by the major Norwegian drummers Audun Kleive and Per Oddvar Johansen. He resides in Oslo, and has since the turn of the Millennium collaborated with countless bands and constellations in a variety of genres. He has collaborated with artists like Bjørn Kjellemyr, Jon Eberson, Karl Seglem, Ken Stringfellowcurrently, and currently (2013) play within the bands Hedvig Mollestad Trio, the Hilde Marie Kjersem Band and Cakewalk. The debut album Shoot! of the Hedvig Mollestad Trio was recorded live in the studio with only a few minor overdubs.
- Within Hedvig Mollestad Trio
- 2011: Shoot! (Rune Grammofon)
- 2013: All Of Them Witches (Rune Grammofon)
- 2014: Enfant Terrible! (Rune Grammofon)
- 2016: Black Stabat Mater (Rune Grammofon)
- 2016: Evil In Oslo (Rune Grammofon)
- Within Cakewalk
- 2012: Wired (Rune Grammofon)
- "Rekruttering: VGS-jazz". JazzINorge.no. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Halvmåne: Kickoff med Hedvig Mollestad Trio 28. mars". Maanefestivalen.no. Retrieved 2013-10-10.