Ives Estates, Florida
Ives Estates, Florida
U.S. Census Bureau map showing CDP boundaries
|• Total||2.8 sq mi (7.3 km2)|
|• Land||2.6 sq mi (6.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
|• Density||6,280.7/sq mi (2,409/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0284640|
Ives Estates is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 2.8 square miles (7.3 km2), of which, 2.7 square miles (7.0 km2) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) of it (5.36%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 17,586 people, 6,923 households, and 4,506 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 6,645.9 people per square mile (2,562.3/km²). There were 7,449 housing units at an average density of 2,815.0/sq mi (1,085.3/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 51.10% White (33.3% were Non-Hispanic White,) 35.11% African American, 0.17% Native American, 4.63% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 3.76% from other races, and 5.17% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 24.08% of the population.
There were 6,923 households out of which 32.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.8% were married couples living together, 19.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.9% were non-families. 28.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.54 and the average family size was 3.13.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 24.8% under the age of 18, 8.6% from 18 to 24, 33.6% from 25 to 44, 20.6% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females, there were 83.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 79.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $40,717, and the median income for a family was $43,370. Males had a median income of $29,512 versus $27,544 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $19,118. About 7.0% of families and 8.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.4% of those under age 18 and 8.8% of those age 65 or over.
As of 2000, speakers of English as a first language accounted for 54.25% of residents, while Spanish made up 24.45%, French Creole was at 11.65%, French was at 2.35%, Urdu at 1.23%, Portuguese 1.11%, and Arabic was 1.08% of the population. Hebrew made up 0.73% of speakers, Russian made up 0.69%, and both Chinese and Tagalog was the mother tongue of 0.57% of the population.
As of 2000, Ives Estates had the seventh highest percentage of Haitian residents in the US, with 13.90% of the populace. It had the twentieth highest percentage of Jamaican residents in the US, at 5.70% of the population (tied with Golden Glades, East Orange, NJ and Gordon Heights, NY.) It also had the eighty-second highest percentage of Cuban residents in the US, at 3.51%, while it had the forty-ninth highest percentage of Colombians in the US, at 2.76% of all residents. It's also home to the 105th highest percentage of Dominican residents in the US, at 1.53% of the population (tied with Tamiami, Adelphi, Maryland and Dover, NJ,) as well as being home to the forty-second highest percentage of Peruvians in the US, at 1.31% of all residents.
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools operates public schools.
- Madie Ives K-8 Preparatory Academy
- Dr. Michael M. Krop High School
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Archived from the original on 2002-05-27. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Demographics of Ives Estates, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "MLA Data Center Results of Ives Estates, FL". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Ancestry Map of Haitian Communities". Epodunk.com. Archived from the original on 2012-12-11. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Ancestry Map of Jamaican Communities". Epodunk.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Ancestry Map of Cuban Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Ancestry Map of Colombian Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Ancestry Map of Dominican Communities". Epodunk.com. Archived from the original on 2010-10-17. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Ancestry Map of Peruvian Communities". Epodunk.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "SS_QQQ1_1-24-09.pdf." Alonzo and Tracy Mourning Senior High Biscayne Bay Campus. Retrieved on May 6, 2012.