|Type of business||Private|
|Owner||ru-Net Holdings Limited, Baring Vostok Capital Partners, ProfMedia, Tiger Global, Frontier Ventures and Oleg Tumanov|
|Created by||Oleg Tumanov, Dmitry Alimov|
|Industry||Russian Internet-based media company|
|Divisions||ivi.ru music.ivi.ru deti.ivi.ru ivi.tv|
|Users||19 million unique visitors per month|
|Launched||February 26, 2010|
ivi (ivi.ru) is a leading Russian online video streaming service which offers licensed video content, including more than 65,000 titles of movies, TV shows, cartoons and music videos. ivi.ru is the most popular service and the largest player in this segment in Russia, attracting more than 19 million unique visitors per month and generating more than 150 million hits per month.
ivi.ru offers licensed content from all major content producers, including Mosfilm, Lenfilm, Paradise, CTC Media, Gorky Film Studio, Warner Brothers/ Warner Music, Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures/Sony Music, NBC Universal/Universal Music, Disney, BBC, National Geographic, STV, Central Partnership and others. ivi.ru’s streaming service is available only to users in Russia due to licensing restrictions.
ivi.ru is available on the widest range of devices, including smartphones and tablets, running all popular operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Symbian, Bada), as well as the Smart TVs from all of the main manufacturers (Samsung, LG, Philips, Panasonic, etc.).
ivi.ru holds the most prestigious awards for various achievements in the field, including the Runet Award and the Golden Site Award.
ivi.ru was launched on February 26, 2010 and attracted more than 180,000 users on the first day, making it one of the most successful start-up among Russian Internet companies. At the time, ivi.ru was owned by Oleg Tumanov, founder of ivi.ru, and Leonid Boguslavsky's company ru-Net. In 2010, Vladimir Potanin's media holding ProfMedia was brought as a financial investor. ivi.ru raised more money in 2011 from the international technology investment fund Tiger Group. In 2012, the streaming service raised $40 million in another round of funding. The investment was attracted from Baring Vostok, a private equity firm, along with existing investors ru-Net, Tiger Group, ProfMedia and Frontier Ventures. The funds are used to build out the company's technology, as well as its content catalogue.
ivi.ru is a fast-growing internet company, which currently operates three online video streaming services: ivi.ru, deti.ivi.ru, music.ivi.ru:
- ivi.ru is an online video streaming service offering access to licensed movies, TV series and other video content. A user can watch videos through user-friendly media player.
- music.ivi.ru, launched on October 4, 2010, is an online video streaming service, which allows users to create customised music and video playlists from the library of more than 28,000 titles based on their preferences.
- deti.ivi.ru, launched on October 20, 2012, is a unique online video streaming service for kids, which offers more than 9,000 cartoons and movies free of charge. The service is child-friendly, protecting young users from exposure to inappropriate content.
ivi.ru offers more than 65,000 content items, including movies, TV shows, cartoons and music videos, making it the largest online library of licensed content in Russia with more than 19 million unique visitors monthly.
ivi.ru discourages the proliferation of illegal video and music content amongst Russian Internet users by promoting and offering high quality and easily accessible licensed videos without malware.
97% of content on ivi.ru’s website is free of charge and can be accessed without registration, while the remaining 3% represents the latest movie premiers and the best titles from majors’ catalogues that can be viewed by subscribing to a premium ivi+ service.
In 2012, ivi.ru became the first online video service in Europe streaming licensed content from all major Hollywood content producers.
Users can access content through multiple mobile platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Bada, Symbian and Smart TVs applications for LG, Samsung, Philips, Toshiba, Sony and Panasonic. ivi.ru’s application is pre-installed on STBs as well as devices by Fly, Sony, Acer, Rover Computers, iconBIT, Rolsen, Qumo, inch, PocketBook, Supra, Lexand. ivi.ru was also available on Xbox 360, the home game console by Microsoft.
Owners and management
ivi.ru is owned by Leonid Boguslavsky's company ru-Net, international technology investment fund Tiger Group, independent private equity firm Baring Vostok, media holding ProfMedia, Oleg Tumanov, founder and CEO, and Frontier Ventures, a venture fund founded by Dmitry Alimov.
- "Creeping ivi in Russian homes - BUSINESS NEW EUROPE". Bne.eu. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Топ Новости - Ivi.ru переходит на Full HD | Telecom Daily". Tdaily.ru. 2013-05-25. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "О нас". Ivi.ru. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- Monday, September 10th, 2012 (2012-09-10). "The Hulu Of Russia, Ivi.ru, Raises $40M To Fight Off The Threat Of Hulu, Netflix, And YouTube". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-07-11.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "music.ivi.ru". Music.ivi.ru. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Онлайн-кинотеатр ivi.ru запустил бесплатный детский видеосервис | Интернет | Digit. Интернет-журнал о технологиях". Digit.ru. 2012-10-22. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "О компании". Ferra.ru. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- Автор статьи: РБК daily (2012-05-14). "Председатель совета директоров Ivi.ru Олег Туманов: "У нас идеальный состав акционеров" - РБК daily". Rbcdaily.ru. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Интернет-кинотеатр ivi.ru первым в Восточной Европе подписал контракты со всеми голливудскими мейджорами". THG.RU. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- IVI.RU на бюджетных планшетниках, 2012 - 15:50 (2013-07-03). "Rolsen | Computer Bild". Computerbild.ru. Archived from the original on August 19, 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-11.