|Full name||Ivo Daniel Ferreira Mendonça Pinto|
|Date of birth||7 January 1990|
|Place of birth||Lourosa, Portugal|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2009||→ Gil Vicente (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Vitória Setúbal (loan)||3||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Covilhã (loan)||22||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ União Leiria (loan)||25||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 April 2017.
Pinto did not actually appear for the Dragons in the Primeira Liga, featuring as an unused substitute in two games. His only competitive appearance for the first team took place on 4 February 2009, as he came on as an 88th-minute substitute for Andrés Madrid in a 1–4 away loss against Sporting Clube de Portugal for the season's Taça da Liga.
Pinto was consecutively loaned for the duration of his contract, to Gil Vicente FC, Vitória F.C. and S.C. Covilhã. He made his first top division appearance with the second club, playing five minutes in a 2–0 defeat at precisely Porto on 13 December 2009.
In the summer of 2011, Pinto was bought by Rio Ave F.C. but never represented the team, being immediately loaned to U.D. Leiria also in the top level. He started regularly for the side, as the campaign ended in relegation.
Pinto spent the next few years in eastern Europe, first with CFR Cluj in Romania. His first competitive match took place on 14 July 2012, as he featured the full 120 minutes in a penalty shootout loss to FC Dinamo București for the Supercupa României (2–2 in regulation time); his debut in Liga I occurred seven days later, and he again started in a 1–1 home draw against CS Gaz Metan Mediaș.
Pinto made his debut in the UEFA Champions League on 1 August 2012, playing the entirety of the 1–0 group stage win over FC Slovan Liberec. He played in all group stage games, with the team finishing third and moving to the UEFA Europa League.
On 30 June 2013, Pinto signed a four-year deal with Croatian club GNK Dinamo Zagreb, for a reported fee of €3 million. Upon his arrival, he stated he was aware of all the goals and ready to accept the challenge.
Pinto's maiden appearance in the Prva HNL occurred on 12 July 2013, in a 3–1 victory over NK Osijek where he replaced Jerko Leko at half-time. During his two-and-a-half-year tenure, he played 112 games across all competitions and won the national championship twice.
Pinto joined English club Norwich City on 8 January 2016, for a reported fee of £2.2 million. He made his Premier League debut 15 days later, playing the full 90 minutes in a 5–4 home loss to Liverpool.
Pinto earned 34 caps for Portugal at youth level, including six for the under-21s. He was named in Fernando Santos' first squad as full side manager in October 2014, ahead of a friendly with France and a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match against Denmark.
Style of play
Upon his arrival at Norwich City, manager Alex Neil described Pinto as a "good and athletic" defender. The player viewed himself as an intense and fast full back, whilst his boss at Dinamo Zagreb Krunoslav Jurčić stated that he liked to attack in addition to being "solid defensively".
- As of 22 December 2015
|Gil Vicente (loan)||2009–10||Segunda Liga||1||0||2||0||—||3||0|
|Vitória Setúbal (loan)||2009–10||Primeira Liga||3||0||1||0||—||4||0|
|Covilhã (loan)||2010–11||Segunda Liga||22||0||4||0||—||26||0|
|União Leiria (loan)||2011–12||Primeira Liga||25||0||1||0||—||26||0|
|CFR Cluj||2012–13||Liga I||27||0||6||0||12[a]||0||45||0|
|Dinamo Zagreb||2013–14||Prva HNL||28||0||5||0||12[a]||0||45||0|
- CFR Cluj
- Dinamo Zagreb
- "Ivo: "Espero ser feliz em Setúbal"" [Ivo: "I hope to be happy in Setúbal"]. Record (in Portuguese). 4 September 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Benfica tem 24 jogadores emprestados, FC Porto 21" [Benfica has 24 players on loan, FC Porto 21]. Público (in Portuguese). 16 December 2009. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Ivo Pinto e Jô engrossam plantel" [Ivo Pinto and Jô strengthen roster] (in Portuguese). União de Leiria Blogspot. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Profile: Dinamo Zagreb full-back Ivo Pinto could prove to be a bargain for Norwich City". Eastern Daily Press. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Ivo Pinto, cea mai nouă achiziţie a CFR Cluj, va purta tricoul cu numărul 3" [Ivo Pinto, new CFR Cluj acquisition, will wear number 3 jersey] (in Romanian). Mediafax. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Un regal în plină vară » Dinamo a învins la penalty-uri CFR Cluj şi a cucerit Supercupa României" [A midsummer gift » Dinamo defeated CFR Cluj on penalties and conquered the Romanian Super Cup]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 15 July 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "FOTO şi VIDEO – CFR Cluj – Gaz Metan Mediaş 1–1 » Ando are probleme. Campionii fac primul pas greşit în noul sezon" [PHOTOS and VIDEO – CFR Cluj – Gaz Metan Medias 1–1 » Ando has a problem. Champions make first wrong move in new season]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 21 July 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Cadú spot kick gives Cluj first-leg success". UEFA.com. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Ivo Pinto potpisao za Dinamo!" [Ivo Pinto joins Dinamo!] (in Croatian). GNK Dinamo Zagreb. 30 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Ivo Pinto, prezentat oficial de Dinamo Zagreb!" [Ivo Pinto, officially presented by Dinamo Zagreb!] (in Romanian). Citynews Cluj. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Video: Uvjerljiva pobjeda Dinama na otvaranju nove sezone, Soudani i Čop strijelci za tri boda" [Video: Convincing victory for Dinamo at the start the new season, as Soudani and Cop score for the three points] (in Croatian). 20 Minuta. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Ivo Pinto signs for Norwich from Dinamo Zagreb". Sky Sports. 8 January 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Portuguese defender joins the Canaries subject to paperwork". Norwich City F.C. 8 January 2016. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Norwich City sign Dinamo Zagreb full-back Ivo Pinto". Eastern Daily Press. 8 January 2016. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- Doyle, Paul (23 January 2016). "Adam Lallana rescues three points for Liverpool with last-gasp winner at Norwich City". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "Norwich City 3–1 Burton Albion". BBC Sport. 24 September 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Hanson, Peter (3 October 2014). "Ronaldo returns for Portugal". Goal.com. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Norwich sign Portuguese right-back Ivo Pinto from Dinamo Zagreb". The Guardian. 8 January 2016. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "An in-depth look at City's new signing". Canaries. 8 January 2016. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Norwich agree £2.2m deal for Dinamo Zagreb defender Ivo Pinto". Sky Sports. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Ivo Pinto". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Ivo Pinto". Soccerway. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Ivo Pinto – Trophies". Soccerway. Retrieved 11 January 2016.