||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
12 April 1919|
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
|Died||12 December 2006
Woodland Hills, California, U.S.
Ivor Barry (12 April 1919 – 12 December 2006) was a Welsh film and television actor.
Born in South Wales, Barry served with the British Royal Artillery during World War II and completed his university studies prior to beginning his acting career. After beginning his film career in bit parts in England, he moved to Canada in the early 1950s where he also wrote and adapted scripts for radio as well acting in television. He eventually moved to Hollywood in the 1960s, where he would make many television and film appearances during the next 25 years. Many younger movie fans may remember him as Wyatt (Ilan Mitchell-Smith) and Chet (Bill Paxton) Donnelly's grandfather in the 1985 film Weird Science.
- Under Capricorn (1949) - 1st Guard in Hall (uncredited)
- Nobody Waved Good-bye (1964) - Interviewer
- Don't Forget to Wipe the Blood Off (1966)
- The King's Pirate (1967) - Cloudsly
- In Enemy Country (1968) - Air Marshal Evelyn
- The Lawyer (1970) - Wyler
- The Andromeda Strain (1971) - Murray (uncredited)
- Herbie Rides Again (1974) - Chauffeur
- Lost in the Stars (1974) - Carmichael
- The Dove (1974) - Kenniston
- The Island at the Top of the World (1974) - The Butler
- To Be or Not to Be (1983) - General Hobbs
- Weird Science (1985) - Henry Donnelly
- Action Jackson (1988) - Stuffy Old Guy
|This article about a British stage actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United Kingdom film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|