|Years active||1990 to present|
|Known for||Hauser & Wirth|
Iwan Wirth was born in 1970 and spent his early life in St. Gallen, Switzerland, where his father was an architect and his mother was a schoolteacher. Wirth opened a commercial gallery when he was sixteen, and he began working as a private dealer in Zurich starting in 1990. He and his current wife opened the Hauser & Wirth gallery in 1992, which was financed by Hauser's mother.
In 2014, Wirth opened an arts complex adjacent to their home in Somerset called Durslade Farm, which includes the restaurant the Roth Bar & Grill, and a guesthouse hotel in the Durslade Farmhouse. The public garden onsite is designed by Piet Oudolf. He later purchased a hotel in Braemar, in Aberdeenshire in Scotland; He is also part-owner of ‘Manuela’, a restaurant at the Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles.
In 2015, Iwan Wirth and his wife were ranked number 1 on ArtReview's list of ‘most powerful and influential figures in the art world’. In 2012, Wirth and his wife endowed a senior lecturer position in modern and contemporary Asian art for the Courtauld Institute of Art in London. In 2015, Iwan and Manuela Wirth were both awarded honorary doctorates by Bath Spa University.
- Ergebnis der Suche nach: nid=104170965X (in German). Leipzig; Frankfurt am Main: Deutscher Nationalbibliothek. Accessed February 2018.
- Nick Clark (23 October 2015). Iwan Wirth: A creative pirate who shares his treasures. The Independent. Accessed August 2018.
- Milner, Catherine (2010-10-11). "Iwan Wirth: the dealer who's bigger than Saatchi". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- Rawsthorn, Alice. "The Dealer". Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- "Iwan Wirth: A creative pirate who shares his treasures". The Independent. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- "The Constant Gardener: Iwan Wirth's Hauser & Wirth Gallery Will Open a 15,000-Plus-Square-Foot Space Downtown This Year". Observer. 2012-01-17. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- "The Gentlewoman – Manuela Wirth". thegentlewoman.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- "'Art world royalty' bring investment to Braemar". Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Klingelfuss, Jessica (23 April 2018). "Art dealers Iwan and Manuela Wirth to open hotel in Scottish highlands". Wallpaper*. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- Harris, Jenn (4 March 2016). "Manuela, the restaurant inside the new Hauser Wirth & Schimmel arts complex downtown". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "We Broke Down ArtReview's Power 100 by Race, Gender, Profession, and Place of Birth". Artsy. November 2, 2017.
- "Hans Ulrich Obrist tops ArtReview power list". BBC. October 20, 2016.
- "How to give it: Iwan Wirth". FT.com. 10 February 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "Special honours at Bath Spa University graduation ceremonies". Bath Spa University. 21 July 2015. Archived from the original on 7 September 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
|This business-related Swiss biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|