Iyo-Komatsu Station in 2008
Komatsucho Shinyashiki, Saijō-shi, Ehime-ken 799-1101|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Yosan Line|
|Distance||121.6 km from Takamatsu Station|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Tracks||2 + sidings|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Disabled access||No - platforms linked by footbridge|
|Opened||1 May 1923|
The station is served by the JR Shikoku Yosan Line and is located 121.6 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu Station. Only Yosan Line local trains stop at the station and they only serve the sector between Iyo-Saijō and Matsuyama. Connections with other local or limited express trains are needed to travel further east or west along the line.
The station consists of two opposed side platforms serving two tracks. Track 1 is a passing loop and served by platform 1, attached to the station building. Track 2, served by platform 2, is a straight track. Access to platform 2 is by means of a footbridge. The station building is unstaffed and serves only as a waiting room. Parking is available at the station forecourt. There is also a refuge siding branching off track 1 which ends near the station building. Short stub sidings branch off elsewhere on both tracks.
The station opened on 1 May 1923 as an intermediate stop when the then Sanuki Line was extended westwards from Iyo-Saijō to Nyūgawa. At that time the station was operated by Japanese Government Railways, later becoming Japanese National Railways (JNR). With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "伊予小松" [Iyo-Komatsu]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第2巻 四国西部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 2 Western Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 12, 66. ISBN 9784062951616.
- "Iyo-Komatsu Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "伊予小松駅" [Iyo-Komatsu Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "伊予小松駅" [Iyo-Komatsu]. sanyukai.sakura.ne.jp. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 636. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 213–215. ISBN 4533029809.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iyo-Komatsu Station.|
|This Ehime Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|