Iyo-Nagahama Station in 2015
|Location||Nagahama, Ozu-shi, Ehime-ken 795-0000|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Yosan Line|
|Distance||233.1 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||1 side + 1 island platforms|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Opened||14 February 1918|
|Previous names||Nagahama-machi (until 1 October 1933)|
The station is located on the older, original, branch of the Yosan Line which runs along the coast from Mukaibara to Iyo-Ōzu and is 233.1 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu. Only local trains stop at the station. Eastbound local services end at Matsuyama. Connections with other services are needed to travel further east of Matsuyama on the line.
The station consists of a side and an island platform serving three tracks with the centre one (track 2) being unused. The station building is unstaffed and serves only as a waiting room. Access to the island platform is by means of a level crossing with steps at both ends. A siding branches off track 1 and ends near the station building.
The station open as Nagahama-machi Station (長浜町駅 Nagahamamachi-eki) on 14 February 1918. At that time it was the eastern terminus of the privately run 762 mm gauge Ehime Railways. When the company was nationalized on 1 October 1933, Japanese Government Railways (JGR) assumed control. The station was renamed Iyo-Nagahama and was operated as part of the Ehime Line. The track was regauged to 1067 mm and linked up with the Yosan Mainline track from Kitanada on 6 October 1935. Iyo-Nagahama, which had also been moved 200m nearer to Kitanada at the same time, then became a through-station on the Yosan Mainline. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "伊予長浜" [Iyo-Nagahama]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第2巻 四国西部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 2 Western Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 29, 73. ISBN 9784062951616.
- "Iyo-Nagahama Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "伊予長浜駅" [Iyo-Nagahama Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 639. ISBN 4533029809.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 213–215. ISBN 4533029809.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iyo-Nagahama Station.|